Houston Group Grain Buy #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting ready for the next one as well. 55lbs of base malt seemed like it'd be a lot, but it goes quickly for sure.

I'm getting ready for the next one as well. 55lbs of base malt seemed like it'd be a lot, but it goes quickly for sure.

I'll be close to the same position after brewing some big beers in the next month or two. I've got to get some 1.100+ beers in first though.

Well, it had to happen, but I finally ran out of two row. I thought it'd take a long time to go through 55lbs of base malt, but apparently not. It has been SO NICE to mix up a batch from the malt I have on hand here at home (including the specialty malts I have here as well) and the hops that I've been buying in bulk. I'm ready for the next grain buy and I might have to go for some more this round!

Well, it had to happen, but I finally ran out of two row. I thought it'd take a long time to go through 55lbs of base malt, but apparently not. It has been SO NICE to mix up a batch from the malt I have on hand here at home (including the specialty malts I have here as well) and the hops that I've been buying in bulk. I'm ready for the next grain buy and I might have to go for some more this round!

Awesome! :) You'll definitely need a sack of rye this time! :D

Back