Peach Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pearlbeer

Reaction score
Brewed an American Wheat a few weeks ago - fermented and cold crashed then transferred to a secondary.

Yesterday I introduced over 6lbs of fresh Fredricksburg peaches to the party. A quick boil of the peach followed by an ice bath - removed the skin and pureed the peach flesh in a blender. Almost one peach per beer!

I'll update on the progress.

Brewed an American Wheat a few weeks ago - fermented and cold crashed then transferred to a secondary.

Yesterday I introduced over 6lbs of fresh Fredricksburg peaches to the party. A quick boil of the peach followed by an ice bath - removed the skin and pureed the peach flesh in a blender. Almost one peach per beer!

I'll update on the progress.

i'm curious to see how this turns out. sounds like a lot of peaches. i have a wheat/ipa in the primary that i might split and try something like this. keep me posted on any early tastings.

I've used peach puree in a wheat beer as before. Doesn't sound like too many peaches to me, just don't forget to account for the fact that some of the sugars in the peaches will turn to alcohol. Taste it before you bottle and have some peach extract on hand at that point in case the peach flavor doesn't come out as strongly as you were hoping. It's a tasty beer, all my friends start asking for it about May. Looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

Back