Digital Scale Deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know what the weight resolution is? I need a scaled down to the 0.1g

# Backlit LCD display
# Stainless steel platform
# Easycal™ one-button calibration
# Auto-off
# Weighs in grams, ounces, grains, pennyweights, troy ounces, and carats
# Accuracy is 0.1g ± 4g

I'm truly sorry, I'll quit messin' around.... :D

I enlarged the pic and it shows a .1g increment. In theory you could do as little as 0.1g I'd think. However, I don't have the scale, nor can I vouch for it. After seeing lamarguy's and Mirage's posts, Harbor Freight must have poor quality. I should have guessed as much from the pricing!

I have that same scale, It is a tiny one. I weigh my salts on it. It is cheap but does seem accurate with .2g it floats a lot.

I have this scale as well. Compared to my wife's "expensive" cooking scale, it is just as accurate and I have no complaints. I used it for hops and brewing salts and it works great.

These scales work ok in our school setting. Sure there may be a little more flucutation than you would get from a better scale, but a truly good analytical scal that is +-0.1 is way more expensive. We use this scale at Science competitions since a University of Florida professor told us about them at a coach's clinic.

I use this scale and the only problem I have with it is it is not all that sensitive to small amounts. So you put one hop pellet on and it may not register. So you want to add one pellet you sometimes add it and take that plastic piece off then back on to get it to register.

The question I have is how good is a $40 scale you can get from target? These measure to 0.1 grams. Works fine for me.

Latest posts

Back