Moving = No Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Reaction score
Moving sucks. :drunk:

The wife and I are moving across the Island and the house we are moving into is still waiting for the carpet to be installed (carpet purgatory) Almost ALL of our stuff is boxed up and prestaged. We were supposed to already be in, but now have to wait until mid Sept.

We just pulled the last 3 beers out of the kegs last night. :( All my brew stuff is packed. I am dreaming of my new garage and brewing beers soon.

Did I mention moving sucks?

Looks like a stop at the store after work to get some Sierra Nevada and some Widmer. Kinda feels weird to have to "buy" beer. :D

Gary

I feel your pain. Moving sucks and so does buying beer for $16 a 12 pack. Just have to get the pipeline going asap.

We bought a house that needed a ton of work. Brewing went pretty much out the window for a good year after we moved. And we have a friend who bought a house that needs way, way more work than ours did. I think they bought it a year and a half ago and he still hasn't had the time to get back into it.

So ya, it can definitely disrupt the hobby! Consider yourself lucky if you only have a 1-2 month hiatus to get things squared away!!

I'm moving in the spring and the kegerator is the last thing going and the first thing I'm setting up. Thank goodness I haven't needed to do it in a while, but moving does suck...

Me last year. Took a while, but I got a respectable pipeline up and running pretty quick. After all the fix-up, yardwork, bulls**t projects around the house, of course. Fortunately, there's an awesome liquor store with an outstanding selection reasonably close by.

image-1402471256.jpg

We just moved from Whidbey, we went all the way to Maryland though. Moving sucks, but for us it's part of the job. Good news is we have produced 60 gallons this year. Okay, it's not much, but not bad after pulling off a cross country move. You'll get back up and running in no time; and your NW beer isle is much better than our Mid-Atlantic version.

I am going to be moving sometime in the spring and was thinking that the next couple batches I brew I am going to take some of it and bottle. and also fill some growlers. so hopefully I wont have to buy too much stuff from the store. moving def does suck! you would have though that I would be used to it by now, but nope...haha

I'm in that same process... ALL of my beer (kegs, botles, equipment) is at my other house... my wife wants to wait another week before we move... i'm jonsing!

Getting ready to do the same thing myself. House is in the process of being packed up and and trying to finish all of my little projects I've started over the years leaves no time to brew. On my last 10 gallons in the kegerator now.

I'm moving in the spring and the kegerator is the last thing going and the first thing I'm setting up. Thank goodness I haven't needed to do it in a while, but moving does suck...

Same here in 2000 last thing on the U-haul had some funny looks sitting outside the hotel with the door up drinking beer out of the keezer. Beer only warmed to 46* from 34* when we left 38 hours and 1400 miles later.
First thing off and plugged in worked out great. Good Luck

Same here in 2000 last thing on the U-haul had some funny looks sitting outside the hotel with the door up drinking beer out of the keezer. Beer only warmed to 46* from 34* when we left 38 hours and 1400 miles later.
First thing off and plugged in worked out great. Good Luck

That's awesome:tank:, Moving sucks.

At least you're on beautiful whidbey island (grew up in Mukilteo).

Here in NYC I move at least every other year (most people move every year). Fill all the kegs possible / bottles possible and then brew like hell the next few weekends.

Funny thing too... my parts order from bargain fittings arrives today (some new return valves and quick disconnects) and I got the new case for my electrical enclosure yesterday (been using a tool box... and now I'll have an actual box!) But still in the process of moving... couldn't wait till I got settled lol

Back