brewing kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you can.

Stainless is stronger, more resistant to a lot of cleaners and corrosion. It's also much more expensive.

As long as you condition your AL pot you'll be fine with AL.

Many people use Aluminum. There are a number of reasons why alot of people prefer SS but mostly because it's more durable and even moreso because it's shiny. Anyways do a google search on aluminum vs stainless for a brew kettle and you should find tons of info. All the old info about Aluminum being bad for brewing with has been debunked.

Yes you can.

Stainless is stronger, more resistant to a lot of cleaners and corrosion. It's also much more expensive.

As long as you condition your AL pot you'll be fine with AL.

Can you help point me in the right direction to figure out how I should "condition" an aluminum pot? I'm about to do my first batch and I already own an aluminum pot that I'd like to use for now until I upgrade later on.

Can you help point me in the right direction to figure out how I should "condition" an aluminum pot? I'm about to do my first batch and I already own an aluminum pot that I'd like to use for now until I upgrade later on.

All you need to do is fill it with water and boil for about 30-60 mInutes. You should see a dark grey coating on the aluminum. That's an oxidation layer that keeps the aluminum out of your beer. If it's an old pot you may be good to go already.

I have several aluminum pots. You can get a 10+ Gallon pot for about $30. They work great.

Yup ive been using an 8 gal aluminum pot that I got on amazon for $29 free shipping. Full boils, works great!

Latest posts

Back