Homemade Tap Handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clearcut23

Reaction score
I've never been too big on tap handles but since I've been bored lately I decided to make my own out of an ash tree I just killed in the backyard. I was inspired by the Aspen Brewing Company's taps. Considering I have no artistic talent at all they didn't come out too bad. Just need to rub it down with mineral oil. It was pretty easy.

image-209323682.jpg

image-963665230.jpg

image-801220432.jpg

image-395379374.jpg

image-2232532821.jpg

I used a wood burner and thought about gluing the nut in the bottom of the tap but it seems to be in their pretty good. I tried to fit "Monday Morning" on the handles but I didn't want 2' tap handles so I settled on just "Monday" and then a style of beer. Those nuts from Home Depot were only 98cents for two. Fun cheap project. I used a sawzall to cut the flat part off the branch. My first two rough cuts. I'm sure ill make plenty more just for the hell out if. Hell living in the Seattle area I could probably sell some to the tree huggers/go green recycle one with the earth types

Back