What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This beer tastes what I hope my American Red I brewed last weekend tastes like. Another excellent beer from NordeastBrewer77. The brewery is Lakefront if anyone wants to try and find it.

LakeFront makes solid beers. I've always thought that their hoppier offerings are very home brew like in character. Glad you're enjoying the beers. :mug:

nukebrewer said:
This beer tastes what I hope my American Red I brewed last weekend tastes like. Another excellent beer from NordeastBrewer77. The brewery is Lakefront if anyone wants to try and find it.

Is this a hoppy, west coast style red? Or more malty amber style?

Hop City Barking Squirrel Lager. Not bad.

image-1918968017.jpg

Ok,since we all got some great beers goin on,here's som Kinks from "Low Budget";

I'm such a wreck,but I'm stayin alive...SNPA rocks. :rockin:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's snowing here in CT, and I cannot wait to get home from work ad enjoy a nice stout or barley wine. Perfect for chilly evenings like this

I had two of the Ghandi-bot DIPAs while I was making dinner. Hour and a half from start to in the oven, so not too bad. Now I am drinking a Finch's Beer Co Threadless IPA with dinner. Both very good beers.

20121107_172922.jpg

20121107_185424.jpg

Victory Golden Monkey. Not my favorite beer in the world (actually, it's pretty good) but it's a work of art: 9.5% ABV perfectly undetectable with its lemony spices. Victory really knows how to hide alcohol like a Tiki bar bartender.

goldenmonkey.png

I recently had a Thirsty Dog Barktobofest which was a reverse experience. The alcohol way in the front and unpleasant.

Schell's Citra Pils. I'm a big fan of citra, but not a big fan of pilsners, but had to at least try it. My impression: what a waste of citra. It's not a bad beer, and actually a great pilsner, if you're into that sort of thing...

squeekybobo said:
Schell's Citra Pils. I'm a big fan of citra, but not a big fan of pilsners, but had to at least try it. My impression: what a waste of citra. It's not a bad beer, and actually a great pilsner, if you're into that sort of thing...

Actually, the aftertaste is much like a summer shandy.

A li'l palate wash after polishing off that 750 of S&S#5. That may very well be the best (commercial) IPA that I've ever had.

HPIM1358.jpg
I have some good IPA's in the fridge; Modus Hoperandi, Hop Czar, Furious, couple different home brewed..... but I knew none would work following the Hill Farmstead, so I threw a change-up.

I have some good IPA's in the fridge; Modus Hoperandi, Hop Czar, Furious, couple different home brewed..... but I knew none would work following the Hill Farmstead, so I threw a change-up.

Good creative problem solving! :mug:

The transition is an art.

Modus is one of my top 5.. unfortunatly it has yet to show its face in the philly burbs.. i did however get to enjoy a case while in San Antonio with the family last summer. If only it could make its way east.

A few celebratory RIS after my court win. The ex stole my $$, I hopefully get it back.... And the annulment was granted. What a messed up woman. She's got 30 days to pay me. Cheers.

ForumRunner_20121107_231229.png

sweed said:
A few celebratory RIS after my court win. The ex stole my $$, I hopefully get it back.... And the annulment was granted. What a messed up woman. She's got 30 days to pay me. Cheers.

Yikes! An annulment huh? Must have been a wild ride. Hey man, you married it.

I pulled this out just for this thread
ForumRunner_20121107_213008.jpg

Maui brewing co coconut porter. Still have a few cans from my last Hawaii trip.

The transition is an art.

Sure is. :mug:

Modus is one of my top 5.. unfortunatly it has yet to show its face in the philly burbs.. i did however get to enjoy a case while in San Antonio with the family last summer. If only it could make its way east.

My love for it originated in TX as well, it was one of my go tos when I lived in Dallas. The 6 pack I got came from TX too, via trade. Ska hasn't made their way up here yet either. Sad too, Modus and Decadent are two of my faves.

HPIM1359.jpg

It also happens to be a very beautiful beer as well. Thank you for the Surly Furious. I enjoyed one last night.

43077e5f48e9f19c58a376bc2fe67e22_640x640.jpg

Loved everything about it; appearance, aroma, especially loved the flavors, and it's an insanely drinkable ~8%. Definitely cracked my top 5 IPAs after the first sip.
Glad you liked the Furious. I tried to find some a little fresher than the ones canned on Oct. 12, but everything I found was that batch.

Got out of work early so I am drinking a Ghandi-Bot. At 8.8% it and one of something else will make it a very bad idea for them to call me back into work.

Had a nice Doppelbock while cleaning my house and doing paperwork for my ranches, and after scrubbing the floor, I'm opening my last Sierra Nevada Narwhal. I guess it is Stout Day?

Back