To Regulate H2O or Not is the Question(Motorized Carbonator)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xokeman

Reaction score
As the title asks, we have added a Mccann's Carbonator to our attempt at Rootbeer and I was curious if we should be using a water regulator?

I do not know the current pressure of the water we are using. Obviously since we are using city water the pressure will fluctuate thus possibly impacting the efficiency and/or consistency of our carbonator/carbonated water.

Thanks in advance, I will give you a thumbs up on your posts!

So the purchase of this shurflo regulator that is fixed is a must.

We have unusually high water pressure 90 psi. But we don't make rootbeer here. I will have to check the water pressure out at the brew house that is in another town.

xokeman said:
I installed this regulator but the pressure is still about 80 PSI did I just get a faulty one?

Not really sure, but I would think so. The output of the regulator shouldn't exceed the regulator pressure. Why do you think it isn't working? Make sure the gauge is on the right side of the regulator and the flow is the correct direction. I had that problem at one point.

Back