I think im in trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrus

Reaction score
Ive just done the maths... and its not looking good...

Just looked at my beer supply and ive got 6 bottles left. My IPA is currently in secondary... ready to bottle on wednesday... then 3 weeks till its drinkable... so thats 25 days to wait...

So... I gotta make the remaining 6 beers last 25 days... thats one beer every 4 days
:eek: :( :eek: :(

Things arent looking good at all...

Im thinking i might have to go to the bottle shop and buy a case of long necks and spend the time working on my bottle collection.

Chrus

Yep, when I get in that situation I go to the gas station and get a 20 beer case of franziskaner in pint bottles... or the pint flip top bottles of pils. Helps pass the time and get a greater stock of quality bottles.

At the very minimum you should have 2 case chilled in the fridge, 2 cases bottle conditioning, 1 batch in the secondary and one in the primary. Like I said this is the bare minimum, I personally have 2 cases in the fridge, 2 cases ready for the fridge, 6 cases bottle conditioning and one batch in the primary. Oh and 3 kegs :)

Drunkensatyr said:
Buy a keg set up! 3 days to condition "Most" homebrews.
Not exactly. Green beer is green beer whether it's kegged, bottled, canned, growlered, etc. Sure, you can speed the carbonation process with a keg, but you can't speed the aging/conditioning process.

Drunkensatyr said:
Buy a keg set up! 3 days to condition "Most" homebrews.

Yup, get kegging. Remember, if you ever have a homebrew emegency like this one, most brewpubs will fill up a corny keg to go for about $45-$60 to tide you over till your own is ready.:mug:

Bernie Brewer said:
Yup, get kegging. Remember, if you ever have a homebrew emegency like this one, most brewpubs will fill up a corny keg to go for about $45-$60 to tide you over till your own is ready.:mug:
WOW. Only 40 for me.

Better to go buy SOMETHING to fill the gap than to drink your beer still green.

And 4 beers wouldn't last 24 hours for me.

25 days till ready?? Bah... you can easily drink an IPA 3-4 days after bottling!!

Worst case, find yourself a good microbrew beer store and get a couple sampler packs :)

Bernie Brewer said:

Really?!? I had never even thought of this before. Seems like it would be illegal for some reason or another.

Back