Golding invasion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheschire

Reaction score
Last week I found a Golding vine (The last of a crop from the 1800's) I got some clippings and some rhizomes. I planted the two rhizomes and stuck the two clippings in a cup of water. The rhizomes already have some new bines coming out above some leaves below where the bine is cut so I'm assuming its established some roots (?) also the clippings in the water have sprouted what looks like new little bines (Im assuming those are the roots seeing how its under water) just above where the leaves were at the very bottom. How long should I wait for the roots on the clippings to get before I plant them? Do you think I'll get any hops this year or do the plants need to adapt for next year? Either way Im gonna have a big load of Goldings at some point.

its a bit late in the season and your in canada. My guess is next year get ready for alot of hops. Very nice find- i must say im jelous

when I got the clippings and rhizomes there werent any cones but when I go back I'll bring my camera and take some pics for ya

Very interesting... you can acutally "root" new hop plants from cuttings?

The bines that are culled in the spring will root as well. I pulled some up and stuck them in the corner of my planter box. With enough waterings they took off. I gave them to another forum member.

Back