sankey keg disassembly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
I konw I saw this somewhere but i've been searching and reading for an hour and i give up. How do you take a sankey keg apart without cutting the top off?

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!!! Thank You!!!! Thank You!!!!! Thank You!!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!! Omg!!!!!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to jooz guyz I got it!! although the top is bent a bit, didn't notice till I got it all rinsed out. Wonder if I could bend it back with the right force, a little finesse and something to attach to it. If not it's my new HLT and taking apart the top was all for naught! I do need a new MLT. One with a few couplings welded in for some heating elements. hehee

Grimsawyer,
You want to borrow the die grinder and cutoff disk setup to take the tops off the kegs, or just bring them up and i will do it for you. Round up a couple 1/2" and a 1" coupling and i will weld them for you or show you how to silver solder them to the keg.

Back