• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Micromatic D System Cleaning Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentJ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how many folks use their CO2 system to pressure clean their beer lines but I have (3) Micromatic 1.3 Gallon Cleaning Kits for D systems for sale. Basically you pour cleaning detergent in the bottle, connect to your normal keg tap (you leave the CO2 and Beer lines connected to the tap) and the CO2 pushes the cleaning fluid through the tap, through the beer lines and out your faucet into a bucket. This saves all the hassle of pulling the hoses off the tap and then reverse flowing detergent through the faucet shank. I ended up with these as part of a kegerator purchase and don't see the need to keep this many. They will come with one 16 oz container of Micromatic's Clean Flo powder. This kit sells on Micromatic's website for $102.95. I'm asking $50 a piece plus shpping. Here is a picture of the kit. Let me know if interested.

Cleaning Kit.jpg

No it won't work on a corny system with some reworking. The trick here is the adapter on the bottle fits the keg tap. So you untap the keg put tap on this bottle and your ready to flush beer lines. After flushing put in cold water to flush lines clean and your done. It's really kinda cool. I think it could be adapted for cornies but it would take some creativity to incorporate the gas and beer posts....

I've still got one or two for sale...

If you want to clean a corny system just buy an extra corny and use it the same way, negative being you waste more co2 filling the extra headspace

Bummer for me. That looks like a good system. By the time I used a Sankey coupler and converted, I just as well use a corney. Would be nice to have one of the small corney's for cleaning though.

Back