Corona Mill Missing Part?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happypanties

Reaction score
I ordered this corona mill and wondering if I'm missing a part. Shouldn't there be a shield that covers the grinding plates?

That's weird, even the picture on the box shows it should be there. I think we got screwed!

The box had been opened, stuffed with packaging peanuts, and taped up for shipping. Not a big deal really, makes sense to help protect it during shipping. But makes me wonder if the piece was mistakenly left out.

Oh boy I just figured out what's going on here. As you can see from the comments "Rick H" left on Austin Homebrew's site, looks like they are selling cheap knockoffs and passing them off as Corona mills.

Mine also displays a "500" on the side and not "Corona". It was shipped in a beat up corona box too. Man this is really disappointing!!! I had way more respect for AHS than to pull something like this!

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/beer_recipes_rank_comments.php?product_id=13349

Mine is a very old one, but also doesn't have a shield. I just drape a bag around the whole thing to catch flying grain.

I don't know about the one you got but I think unless you are actually buying a Corona built one it will be a copy. There are many and they all look similar. Mine is a knock off and it did not have a shield. I made one from a juice jug and some sheet plastic and tape.

I have 500 knock off and there was no shield when i got it, i have it setup in the bucket (instructions found on HBT of course) so no need for shield anyway, and it works very well (efficiency at 80-85%)

Back