New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Send the recipe for Vanilla Orange!

Look at my recipes just posted it. If I had to do it again I would do a little more orange, and less centennials, its good and not too bitter, but I think the hops are hiding the orange peel a little. Vanilla was pretty much perfect at first but has mellowed with age. So maybe 1/2oz more because it needs a couple weeks to age to be better

My Hopped Blackberry Amber
LAlEX.jpg

Drove the family up to the Arctic Circle....couldn't help but take along my APA for consumption. Could it be the farthest north bottle of home brew of the day??
It bounced around in a cooler for about 5 hours but was still quite delicious with our pastrami/muenster sammiches. (yes, i said "sammiches")

Happy Brewing!

Beer.jpg

First pour of my Oktoberfest Marzen; lagering since March, done in the traditional dark amber style vs. the lighter, watered down stuff they serve these days. The cell phone pic does not do the color or clarity justice, and the flavor, most delicious!

225135_10151133831084265_846629247_n (1).jpg

409459233_335290296562344.jpg

My interpretation of a Westmalle Tripel, brewed with Westmalle yeast (Wyeast Belgian Trappist High Gravity nr. 3787).
Unforunately it was my last party-keg (now empty) but I still have 1,5 crate left :mug:

409459233_335290296562344.jpg

My interpretation of a Westmalle Tripel, brewed with Westmalle yeast (Wyeast Belgian Trappist High Gravity nr. 3787).
Unforunately it was my last party-keg (now empty) but I still have 1,5 crate left :mug:

Where did you get those spouts!? Love them! AND, the beer looks great!

I'm not sure what a 'spout' is ? Do you mean the faucet?
The faucets and the as well the tower are quite common in local bars here in The Netherlands. For about 50 euro and up you can get a used tower with two faucets from something like you'r craiglist.

My second AG attempt and first IPA designing adventure. It came out surprisingly good. I think it could use a touch more biscuit malt next time around though.

IMAG0504.jpg

Both of these are kit and kilo beers.

The kit was labeled as a lager, but it was fermented with an ale yeast so obviously it's not a lager.
mybeer.jpg

This is my Bavarian Wheat. Used WB06 for the first and last time.
Weis.jpg

No pic, but right now I'm drinking a Pils .. brewed 15 February this year, bottled on 6 march.
Very spicey and hoppy, nice taste but still not to high on alcohol. Fermented with Saflager S-23.
According to my notes: started on 1045 and bottled on 1014 with 100 grams sugar on 28 liter (taste like a little more alcohol than the measurements).
Slow fermentation, cooler wouldn't go below 30 degrees(!), pitched the yeast the next morning.

Calculated bitternis : 30 IBU (7 IBU Saaz & 20 IBU Amarillo for 75 minutes, 10 IBU Styrian Golding for 60 minutes, 3 IBU Saaz for 10 minutes).

And the nice thing: somewhere I knew I had this beer on stock but thought it was a bad batch. Tastes like a barn find :)

I'm not sure what a 'spout' is ? Do you mean the faucet?
The faucets and the as well the tower are quite common in local bars here in The Netherlands. For about 50 euro and up you can get a used tower with two faucets from something like you'r craiglist.

Could you post a link to where to get those faucets, they are pretty cool and very different from anything you find here in the states

Running_Crazy said:
My first home brew BB Summer Ale. Very tastie if I may say!

Dig the jar. That's my favorite glass at my girls house!

Recipe? Please? I need this in a glass.

Sure thing, here you go.

OG 1.059
FG 1.014
SRM 12.7
IBU 22

8 lbs. pale malt (I used Canadian but Beligian would be tastier)
0.5 lbs brown malt
0.5 lbs crystal 60
0.5 lbs golden naked oats
0.5 lbs unmalted wheat
1 lb. amber candi syrup added with 10 minutes left in boil

0.75 oz. Northern Brewer hops at 60 min.
0.5 oz. Northern Brewer hops at 5 min.

Wyeast 1388

I briefly posted about it in the following thread, though it received little attention:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/tomorrows-brew-belgian-amber-table-beer-278899/

EDIT: Oh yeah, if I made it again, I'd probably up the IBUs to 30.

Could you post a link to where to get those faucets, they are pretty cool and very different from anything you find here in the states
They are a bit expensive if you buy them new:

http://www.tapclean.nl/index.php?it...n=article&group_id=10000124&aid=12485&lang=NL

http://taptomat.nl/shop/biertapkraan/bierkraan-onderhoudsvrij.html

It is not the exact same faucet as I have, I forgot the name of the type. If I find the exact one, I'll post it here :)

edit: found it! :)
It i a 'lison' faucet: http://www.bierbrouwervrij.nl/lison-kraan-insteek-12-mm-uitloop8-mm.html
You would probably need a dutch tower as well, because of the thread. You then should look for something called 'zwanenhals' : http://www.bierbrouwervrij.nl/tweedehands-artikelen.html?p=3

Sweet thanks for the info, for others I did a little research and I think they are called Rotatory Valve handles. I found a few similar in design to Koffie's that have the same threading as perlicks. There are a couple threads on the pros and cons of the two different styles also if you search for it.

Now back to the original thread

Sure thing, here you go.

OG 1.059
FG 1.014
SRM 12.7
IBU 22

8 lbs. pale malt (I used Canadian but Beligian would be tastier)
0.5 lbs brown malt
0.5 lbs crystal 60
0.5 lbs golden naked oats
0.5 lbs unmalted wheat
1 lb. amber candi syrup added with 10 minutes left in boil

0.75 oz. Northern Brewer hops at 60 min.
0.5 oz. Northern Brewer hops at 5 min.

Wyeast 1388

I briefly posted about it in the following thread, though it received little attention:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/tomorrows-brew-belgian-amber-table-beer-278899/

EDIT: Oh yeah, if I made it again, I'd probably up the IBUs to 30.

Thank you! I'll be doing this next spring for sure!

My home Amber Ale.

96% 2 row
2% crystal 120L
2% sugar

All warrior hops.
.5oz FWH
.5oz 10min and a handful of craisins (it actually tastes pretty good and adds a little body)
.5oz 5 min
.5oz 10 min after flame out
.5oz dry hop one week

Mash around 148-152
OG 1.041
FG 1.005

I love it best beer I made to date.

image-337002163.jpg

My Black Kolsch style, tried to duplicate Saint Arnold Santo. Almost almost spot on. Used white labs kolsch yeast!

ForumRunner_20120903_174358.jpg

Plan pale ale used 2 row and crystal 40 and white labs 060 ale/lager blend! Really nice drinker!

ForumRunner_20120903_174905.jpg

Glass has some condensation on it, it is actually really clear. American IPA from Austin Homebrew with a couple minor hop changes from recipe.

Muddy Croc Pint.jpg

Halfway through a nice hefe that I was tasting had been bottled for two weeks needs a touch longer. But had to try it while brewing my IPA on Friday.

ForumRunner_20120903_161546.jpg

My Kolsch-style Vienna/Pacific Gem SMaSH, as consumed by my brewing partner. It's got a nice oaky bitterness with some pronounced blackberry in the finish. About 40 IBU and CRISP!

SMaSH.jpg

Back