Beer Crate + Bottle Dryer for less than $7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hay guys today at Walmart I stumbled upon some Sterilite File Crates that can serve a greater purpose...

• Each crate easily fits 4-12oz six packs and maybe a few more bottles without the cardboard carriers.
  • They are stackable.
  • If you flip them upside down, the holes are big enough to use them to dry your bottles.
  • Each costs ~$6.50

41vYUgFZ5xL._SX450_.jpg

Works for me, so I bought 3 and maybe a few more soon. :ban:

Could you put it up-side-down, put the bottle necks in the holes, then stack them on top of each other to make sort of an enclosed bottle tree? I'd like to see a picture of how many you stack together!

Here they are... Note that I had to remove a few bottles in order to make the "stackable tree". I tried putting some bottles on the sides, but they were not secure.

Hope it works for you!

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

Very nice! I was just thinking I needed to get another bottle tree as mine is full and I am storing bottles elsewhere now. Might be stopping at walmart on my way home tonight. Just out of curiosity how does a 22oz bottle hold? Is it really unstable?

Very nice! I was just thinking I needed to get another bottle tree as mine is full and I am storing bottles elsewhere now. Might be stopping at walmart on my way home tonight. Just out of curiosity how does a 22oz bottle hold? Is it really unstable?

22oz bottles seem to hold ok. Not as stable as the 12oz bottles but not too bad. Hope the pic helps!

photo.JPG

Forgot to mention that the 22oz bottles are taller than the crates, so you wouldn't be able to stack them with these bottles.

I'll stick with empty cardboard cases and washing machine for drying. Too much overhead.

+1 for this thread. I've been using these crates for months and love them. Figured it was worth a bump to say thanks for the idea.

I found almost the same crates at Wegmans (grocery Store) for 5.99 and they work great. All my cardboard boxes were falling apart. I can fit 30 bottles in a crate. Didn't even think to use them as a drying rack.

josh_860brewery said:
Hay guys today at Walmart I stumbled upon some Sterilite File Crates that can serve a greater purpose...

[*]Each crate easily fits 4-12oz six packs and maybe a few more bottles without the cardboard carriers.
[*]They are stackable.
[*]If you flip them upside down, the holes are big enough to use them to dry your bottles.
[*]Each costs ~$6.50

Works for me, so I bought 3 and maybe a few more soon. :ban:

I bought two of these this morning. They definitely come in handy during the whole drying phase.

Hey, new member here, haven't brewed my first batch yet, and this thread was a lifesaver. I was hoping to find good storage and drying racks, but these do both, AND are dirt cheap. I assume for back to school, they were under $4 each when I looked today.

Latest posts

Back