Brew day worksheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckredbeard

Reaction score
I'm posting my brew day work sheet to get some feedback on what others are using for note taking during the brew day. This is a work in progress and I'm looking to incorporate a few other points, such as a checklist of things to do before the brew day.

Sooooo...I don't see my .doc attachment. What's up with that? Are we only allowed to upload photos and such?

I like it. Suddenly makes brewing seem like so much more work with it all laid out, though. So, this is a bit of ignorance on my part but what is a Tincture test? I assume starch conversion/ iodine test, but I never do one when I brew. I kinda just assume the enzymes are a'workin. I think a compiled list of these would definitely be helpful for someone pinning their process or trying to ask for help on here with low SG, etc. Kyle

Tincture test is the iodine test.

While there is a lot to do on a brew day, you should see that most of the timeline can be done while holding a homebrew. That converts work to play if you ask me.

I was just thinking about using a standard format for my brew log. Yours is very detailed. I don't think my brewing capabilities are quite there yet. But, definitely a nice log.

And I've made a few edits to it. Next brew day will be a real world test. Perhaps next weekend (SWMBO willing)

Back