Holy Crap ....literally

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AleFred

Reaction score
This Is just embarrassing enough to say but I need your help everyone...I'm faced with a problem..went to start the bottling process for my Pliny clone so I whip out my bottling buck which was under my table in the kitchen...a lone mouse turd in there! Guessing the bastard got in there through the spigot hole cause I detach after bottling to clean then store..so right now I got the bucket soaking in some hot bleach solution...I have to bottle tomorrow two diff batches really, so do I risk using this what I feel is tainted equipment.. Or do I get up tomo and run out to the not so local hbs and get anew bucket

I'm pretty sure one little mouse terd is still within the USDA guidelines of being considered PURE :p

Seriously though -- I've seen reports about crazy amounts of odd **** that is harvested mechanically during grape harvests. the # of spiders, # of birds nest/droppings, etc. and it blows my mind. Cleaning up after a mouse terd is nothing compared to that :)

Yeah thats nothing. There are a lot more then that in commercial kitchens and you still eat out right? lol

we have had mice this winter - every winter they get int he garage and into some seed, but this is the first year in our house. I glued almonds to traps and got eight of them so far and i think they are gone. At the first signs of problems, my wife was freaking out because there was mouse poop on the counter, so i rolled a couple of pieces onto my fingertips and ate them like hashish. just to show her it could be done without a subsequent burial. sanitize and you will be fine- we are animals in a universe of filth.

This Is just embarrassing enough to say but I need your help everyone...I'm faced with a problem..went to start the bottling process for my Pliny clone so I whip out my bottling buck which was under my table in the kitchen...a lone mouse turd in there! Guessing the bastard got in there through the spigot hole cause I detach after bottling to clean then store..so right now I got the bucket soaking in some hot bleach solution...I have to bottle tomorrow two diff batches really, so do I risk using this what I feel is tainted equipment.. Or do I get up tomo and run out to the not so local hbs and get anew bucket

When I first read this post, I thought it said "moose turd" THAT would be a whole different ballgame! :eek:

so i rolled a couple of pieces onto my fingertips and ate them like hashish.

You ate mouse poo? On purpose? :eek:

I live next to a large cornfield and every year when the corn is harvested some always end up taking residence in my house. They are pretty good at staying out of sight but I always end up trapping most of them.

Isn't there a "story" about mice getting into a batch of Guinness and is what made it so good? Dropkick Murphys even wrote a song a out it. Good Rats.

any clue how much mouse poo is allowed in your cereal and be considered "ok"? Sanitize and move on my friend. You, and your beer, will live.

Of course, we live in the country but....."-mice you will always have with you." And assorted other varmints. Bait / trap or some combination. Baiting seems to work best around the manor here. As far as your bottling bucket goes, lots of good advice in this thread. Wash, sanitize, use. Repeat.

Back