Sabres Rangers Game 4 goal or no goal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabres VS Rangers Goal or No Goal Game 4

• Goal

• No Goal

• Inconclusive

• No one cares anyway hockey is a joke

• My hockey team is all that really matters

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think no goal if you go by the rule book. Puck didn't cross the line (and if it did it was covered by the goalie pads and a ref would have to blow it dead).

No goal (although it was close).

EDIT: Who's the dick that voted no one cares?

I was probably in..bit the rules do need conclusive proof to overturn.
It gets me thinking....why aren't there better cameras for that? Of all the cameras that decide goals, the overhead is the one most often used. You would think that some sort of better standard for cameras would need to be employed (high speed / HD)

Cheers.

Axegod said:
Maybe the Toronto office does have the high speed speed stuff...and the broadcast stuff varies....just guessing though.

The VS. crew at the studio just said that overhead shot was the only view Toronto had as well.

I think it was a good call, even though the puck prolly was over the line at some point.

I voted that it was a goal, even though I know that under the rules it isn't.

I wouldn't have been suprised if the 'League Competition Office' ruled it a goal just to go to OT, but Toronto just has too much fun messin' with the Sabres with playoff goal reviews...

This has been a good playoffs all around, but it's hollow without the Bruins:tank:

I feel a mighty turn around for 2010, look out!!
Hippie

PS. They should mount Hispeed HD cameras inside the posts looking right down the goal line to get multiple angles

As I posted in the NHL is back thread, I think they got the call correct. I believe really it was a goal, but as the rules are written, it should be ruled as no goal do to lack of definitive video proof.

Back