Beer Movies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bfelt

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me well made movies about beer?
The only documentary I have really seen is beer wars and I was wondering if there are any others that you guys know of?

Strange Brew is a timeless classic, and if you don't enjoy it, may you be skewered by a pack of rabid narwhals. Oh and Beerfest is good if you get drunk enough and stay drunk throughout the feature.

Edit: Oh, you want documentaries? Uhhh...

Strange Brew is a timeless classic, and if you don't enjoy it, may you be skewered by a pack of rabid narwhals. Oh and Beerfest is good if you get drunk enough and stay drunk throughout the feature.

Edit: Oh, you want documentaries? Uhhh...

That movie is best viewed in 3B... 3 beers and it's good, eh?

the scene where the cop drinks the "beer" in dumb and dumber is pretty good. just go look up a clip on youtube.

beerfest is pretty hilarious with or without beer. beer league is a horrible movie, but if you have had a few you might find it funny.

I haven't seen it myself, but Beer Nutz: The Quest for the Holy Ale looks good. The description from Netflix:
Explore the finest beers, bars and breweries in North America in this whirlwind tour of eight cities. With an eye toward great local micro and boutique breweries, the series is a frothy treat for any beer connoisseur. Each episode explores the local beer customs of a city and its breweries. The drinking destinations are Denver; Boston; San Francisco; Burlington, Vt.; Portland, Ore.; Chicago; Milwaukee; and Vancouver, British Columbia. Cheers!
or there is Empires of Industry: Brewed in America
While the brewing of beer isn't the oldest profession, it certainly ranks up there when it comes to activities that have withstood the test of time. Tracing the roots of American breweries all the way back to the days of the Puritans, this thirst-quenching A&E program chronicles the growth of a multimillion dollar industry, including behind-the-scenes views of big-name brew houses such as Anheuser-Busch, Yuengling, Pabst and Coors.

American Beer is good. One of those documentaries that makes you think "Man... I wish I could do that!" Five guys travel by minivan across the United States from New York west, visiting 38 craft and independent breweries in 40 days. Netflicks has it.

American Beer is good. One of those documentaries that makes you think "Man... I wish I could do that!" Five guys travel by minivan across the United States from New York west, visiting 38 craft and independent breweries in 40 days. Netflicks has it.

This is a great one, definitely made me seek out beers from a lot of the breweries featured in the documentary.

There is a definite lack of good documentaries about the craft beer industry.

Beer Wars is awesome, haven't drank a BMC product since I saw it over a year ago.

:mug:

Netflix has the "save" option, so obviously there is a wait on this one :(

I'll add one vote for BeerFest! I love how quickly they go from homebrewing a bucket batch to a vat big enough to drown in! Gives hope for all of us with secret brewpub wishes!!!

Back