Recipe for Belikin Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jps7117

Reaction score
If you've been to Belize I'm sure you've had at least a few Belikin Beers.

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for the Belikin Stout? The beer is not sold state side, so I'd like to try and forge my own copy. Might be a shot in the dark, but hey, I gotta ask :D

Despite the fact that beeradvocate categorizes Belikin Stout as an English Stout, I'd wager it's a Foreign Extra Stout.

If you can get your hands on one of this and compare the taste, you're certainly going to increase your odds of getting some help.

Commercial Examples: Tropical-Type: Lion Stout (Sri Lanka), Dragon Stout (Jamaica), ABC Stout (Singapore), Royal Extra “The Lion Stout” (Trinidad), Jamaica Stout (Jamaica), Export-Type: Freeminer Deep Shaft Stout, Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (bottled, not sold in the US), Ridgeway of Oxfordshire Foreign Extra Stout, Coopers Best Extra Stout, Elysian Dragonstooth Stout

Thank you, I will be researching Foreign Extra Stout.

I thought I read somewhere that they used corn in the Belikin recipe, but this was before I started seriously brewing and never bookmarked the page.

Belikin Beer is great....when in Belize. Something about the Mayan forest makes a bad beer taste good!
I Belize it!

Hey after 2 days of drinking BMC and Heinies on the cruise ship, that stuff was liquid gold...
thumbsup.gif

Did anyone ever find a recipe for this. I would be happy to brew their stout, or very very happy if I could find a clone of their chocolate stout!

Thanks
Jesse

Back