Stupid Bag Lady!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan Lendl

Reaction score
So after work i went to a place called 'total wine' an bought a couple of IPA's, one a smuttynose the other a harpoon, anyhoo when i get to the check-out the girl takes the smuttynose and does this cute little flip-and-bag technique literally turning my bottle conditioned ipa upside down not once but twice!, being sure to thouroghly mix the yeast all through the beer...its been in my fridge now for over an hour and is still not settled out.:mad:

I bet there aren't to many clerks in liquor stores that know about bottle conditioned beers. Did you let her know that flipping it like that mixes the yeast back into the beer?

RichBrewer said:
I bet there aren't to many clerks in liquor stores that know about bottle conditioned beers. Did you let her know that flipping it like that mixes the yeast back into the beer?

why bother? you gotta be really dumb not to know that you shouldnt flip around any carbonated beverage, if she dosent know that then shell never undrstand about yeast and sediment.

plus its not a liquer store per se, its a fancy schmancy predominatly wine store that has alot of micro's too.

is was like she thought she was tom cruise in cocktail or something.

anyway im over it...just had to vent...

I know what you mean. I had a girl bring a Paulaner HW to the table and she's kind shaking it back and forth. I grabbed her hand to stop her. She was really surprised. I said, yes, that's what I want, but bring me another bottle, I do not want this one and do not shake it or move it around like this one. I'll know when you bring it back because it'll foam all over. So be careful.

homebrewer_99 said:
I know what you mean. I had a girl bring a Paulaner HW to the table and she's kind shaking it back and forth. I grabbed her hand to stop her. She was really surprised. I said, yes, that's what I want, but bring me another bottle, I do not want this one and do not shake it or move it around like this one. I'll know when you bring it back because it'll foam all over. So be careful.

yeah im not a good people person, if i said anything it would have been like, "what the f*ck are you doing you stupid b**ch?"

I had my wife and daughter with me, but I usually don't talk to people that way in a restaurant.

She was young and I educated her as to why she should be more gentle with REAL beer!

Had I been nasty to her I think it would have made me an a-hole in the eyes of the other customers. Not that I give a flying f*ck what they think anyway....:D :D :D

Aw man, I thought you were gonna say a homless person stole your IPA! Anyway, I thought you shouldn't be shaking up fancy-shmancy wine either? And also, the most important question: was she hot?

Bjorn Borg said:
yeah im not a good people person, if i said anything it would have been like, "what the f*ck are you doing you stupid b**ch?"

Damn....maybe you should have promoted yourself to John McEnroe!

Bjorn Borg said:
So after work i went to a place called 'total wine' an bought a couple of IPA's, one a smuttynose the other a harpoon, anyhoo when i get to the check-out the girl takes the smuttynose and does this cute little flip-and-bag technique literally turning my bottle conditioned ipa upside down not once but twice!, being sure to thouroghly mix the yeast all through the beer...its been in my fridge now for over an hour and is still not settled out.:mad:

what area are you from...?? I dont know if "total wine" is a franchise or not, but we have them here...

Jester

My wife likes to shop at a place called Trader Joe's. I thought it was expensive, on the lines of Whole Foods, which is a high end organic/natural etc store. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is cheaper than the other grocery stores that I was "defending"...but here is the best part: Specialty beer and wine section!!!Lots of great microbrew and quality import type stuff-I am in heaven. To loop back into this story, I bought some brews, and the cashier was a wine maker to boot and was very knowledgeable, and also knew how to treat the brews. I was sold, no PUN intended....

Back