Sam Adams Logshot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpySquirrel

Reaction score
Anyone know the status of this? I assume I didn't make it past the first round and want to drink the beers I have left. :)

Anyone know the status of this? I assume I didn't make it past the first round and want to drink the beers I have left. :)

Patience. From Sam Adams contest rules. I hope you don't mind runner up.;)

“Will scores sheets be returned?”
Yes, score sheets will be sent either via email or USPS, for those who are not Finalists, by September 1, 2013.

“How will I know who the semi-finalist, finalist and grand champion winners are?”
Semi-finalist and Finalists will be posted by September 1, 2013 and the Grand Champions by October 24, 2013 on www.samueladams.com.

Patience. From Sam Adams contest rules. I hope you don't mind runner up.;)

“Will scores sheets be returned?”
Yes, score sheets will be sent either via email or USPS, for those who are not Finalists, by September 1, 2013.

“How will I know who the semi-finalist, finalist and grand champion winners are?”
Semi-finalist and Finalists will be posted by September 1, 2013 and the Grand Champions by October 24, 2013 on www.samueladams.com.

DOH! I guess I missed it. When scanning the rules I only saw that first round judging would be June 1-15 and second round judging was July 1-15. Maybe that part of the website was out of date (I was on my phone when I looked it up).

DOH! I only saw that first round judging would be June 1-15 and second round judging was July 1-15.

That's what I saw as well so I figured we would hear something if we made it to the second round. I did see the part about returning score sheets by Sept. 1.

I want to drink my left over beers as well!

They seemed to have done a pretty poor job communicating this time around. I emailed a number of people about judging and SA left me hanging, the multi-year organizer of one site wasn't given an exact date until a couple weeks before judging.

Did any of you have your beer mis-labeled on their website when you log in? I entered a Coconut Ale and it says my beer title is "Northtown Brown" If i get judged based on a brown ale i'm going to be highly disappointed.

I contacted every email I could find about the contest to notify them before the judging started but didn't receive anything back.

Latest posts

Back