My favorite season for beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zar

Reaction score
Some of my favorite beers come out during the winter. I stopped this one liquor store that usually has quite the selection and i swear i could have easily filled a shopping cart with six packs and singles of all the beers i wanted. Just have to pace myself, im sure ill get to try all the ones i want before they stop selling them. Im not alone on this love for winter seasonals am i? :mug:

I like when Bells Winter beer comes out and the Sam Adams Winter Lager.

Primary:Nothing
Primary:Nothing
Secondary: Yoopers Fat tire Clone
Secondary: Samuel Adams Boston Ale Clone
Bottled:APA, Apple Cherry Cider
Drinking: nothing
Planning: Chocolate Porter

Had a Three Floyds Alpha Klaus last night. Absolutly amazing.

I bought a whole bunch of winter seasonals a couple weeks ago, and came to the conclusion that I really do not like spiced beers in general, which rules out a fair number of winter offerings. Oh well.

Though, I did just 'discover' Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. I wish they'd offer it year-round, as there's really nothing specifically "winter" or "holiday" about it, it's just an excellent american IPA. In the mean time, I guess I'll spend the winter getting acquainted with it, and then try to clone it as soon as they stop selling it in the spring ;)

I've been meaning to get over to the Map Room to give that Alpha Klaus a try. I picked up some seasonals the other week that I haven't tried yet: St. Bernardus Christmas Ale, Rogue Santa's Private Reserve. I also tried the Brooklyn Winter Ale over the weekend. Not bad at all.

Yeah, Sierra Nevada should just make Celebration all year long, just call it their IPA.
Great stuff.

Great Lakes Christmas Ale is great as well. I'm not a huge fan of Goose Island's xmas.

jvh261 said:
I've been meaning to get over to the Map Room to give that Alpha Klaus a try. I picked up some seasonals the other week that I haven't tried yet: St. Bernardus Christmas Ale, Rogue Santa's Private Reserve. I also tried the Brooklyn Winter Ale over the weekend. Not bad at all.

Yeah, Sierra Nevada should just make Celebration all year long, just call it their IPA.
Great stuff.

Great Lakes Christmas Ale is great as well. I'm not a huge fan of Goose Island's xmas.

I picked up a 6er of GL Christmas last week. Girlfriend liked it more than i did. The Ginger pushed right through all the other flavors.

Alpha Klaus, however, was delicious beyond belief. Best porter i've had.

I picked up some Celebration, Scaldes Noel (cant remember how to spell that), and some Killer Penguin. It was the first time ive tried Boulder's Killer Penguin. It was pretty good but not what i was expecting from a barleywine. Unusually smooth with a bit of sweetness to it. Ill probably buy it again though.

jacobyhale said:
I love Rogue's Santa's Private Reserve. Best Holiday beer, IMO. Damn Utah....I can't get so much stuff here.

I saw that at one liquor store the other week. Didnt end up buying it but i made a mental note to buy it the next time i go.

Back