co2 Manifold QD's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildPirate

Reaction score
I'm working on my kegerator/keezer that is going to hold 6 kegs. 1 is going to be on nitro and the other 5 on co2. I have a dual body co2 regulator so I can have kegs carbonating and serving at the same time. I intend on having a 5 way distributor from my co2 tank for serving pressure and a 2 or 3 way distributor for carbing pressure. To save space and also be able to switch gas lines due to having both pin and ball lock kegs, I'd like to use a quick disconnect system for my manifolds.

I'm looking into something like this Legacy Coupler as it is rated for pneumatics and has a max pressure of 300 psi (way higher than I would ever need) Essentially, what I'm think is, put one of these on each of my manifold outlets and the opposite end on each of my gas lines so I could easily move and swap them around.

I'm curious to know if anyone has any comments, concerns, or past experiences. I wouldn't use them for my beer lines but rather threaded pin and ball lock connectors.

Thanks!

Pneumatic quick disconnects are probably the cheapest way to go and perhaps the simplest. Home Depot and Lowes sell fittings just like you found at Grainger. They should be by the compressed air tools.
Home Depot

You could also try flared disconnects. It seems like all of the online homebrew stores sell them. You would just need a wrench to swap the disconnect.
Flare Disconnect
Flare Barb

Awesome that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'd use the QD's for my gas lines and the flare disconnects for the beer lines.

Pneumatic quick disconnects are probably the cheapest way to go and perhaps the simplest. Home Depot and Lowes sell fittings just like you found at Grainger. They should be by the compressed air tools.
Home Depot

You could also try flared disconnects. It seems like all of the online homebrew stores sell them. You would just need a wrench to swap the disconnect.
Flare Disconnect
Flare Barb

Your CO2 setup is exactly what I have in my keezer: 5-way distributing serving pressure and 2-way distributing higher pressure for carbing. I have all flare QDs for both my gas and liquid QDs, allowing me to fairly easily swap between ball lock and pin lock QDs. As stated above, you will need a wrench, but I have a small wrench next to my keezer anyway so it was not an issue for me. Sure the compressed air fittings would be cool to have, but I've been happy with my setup. I've had it setup this way since I built my keezer about 18 months ago and haven't found any reason to change it.

Good luck with the build! :mug:

these are very prone to leaks, especially the cheap ones. just keep that in mind. some people use them without issues, but others have tried using shop air QDs and have gone thru several CO2 tank fills before realizing they dont seal 100%.

for shop air- they only have to seal 99% so that the compressor doesnt constantly run. a very small air leak isnt anything to be concerned about. however the goal in a CO2 setup is to have zero leaks (100% seal) because CO2 isnt as readily available or as cheap as air.

Midwest CO2 Quick Coupler

I wonder if these are any better as they are sold by a homebrew supplier. I'm willing to spend the cash for some nicer ones as long as they actually work. Anyone have any experience with these? Maybe I'll buy a set and test them out.

Those are the same connections. It's just a newer design. They work with the older style qd's. The male piece is the same.

Back