How do you keep beer at cellar temp without a cellar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disasterjustavoided

Reaction score
Title just about says it really. I've been thinking about my beers (more specifically my British Ales) and how I serve them. If I stick an ale in the fridge I'm halfway down the glass before I start to taste some of the subtler tastes and room temperature seems a bit too warm. I've also heard that the act of pouring into a glass can warm a beer up to between 2-4c.

So how do you get your beer to reach the perfect temperature? Is there some simple secret that I'm missing?

Keg your beer and keep it at the temp at which you want it served. If you brew primarily British ales and want them served a little warmer, you set your kegerator at that warmer temp.

We have a digital control panel on our fridge that allows seperate temp settings & actual readings for the fridge & freezer. I set the fridge at 47F. Stuff in the back can still freeze a bit. But the ales warm faster this way.

I usually keep my more specialty beers (non-everyday beers) in my temperature controlled kegerator in the mid 40s. If you don't have the space for a kegerator, I have seen small temperature controlled wine chillers that can hold 4 bottles.

You can pull the bottle out, set it on the counter for a while to warm up. I did that often before I got my dedicated beer fridge. Now I just keep it at 45 degrees. If I want a brew warmer than that I pull it out a little before I want to drink it.

Back