Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remington--My hunting buddy, my fishing buddy and my brewing buddy

016.jpg

And Sproles the chiweenie

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 171
Dogs do not tolerate grapes. Raisins = dried grapes.

I found 3 @*(&# ticks on Barley last night. Ugh. And he's on Advantix too. (Had it put on the night before).

MC

I had no idea about grapes. I knew that chocolate, onions, and garlic are bad for them, but grapes/raisins were news to me. She was on a diet of boiled chicken and rice for a week after as the vet said it would be easy on her stomach and she loved every minute of it.

The first time we found a tick on our dog, we started using Frontline Plus and it seems to work well. I haven't seen a tick on her in over a year...though from November to March I don't think they are moving around too much around here.

Dogs do not tolerate grapes. Raisins = dried grapes.

I found 3 @*(&# ticks on Barley last night. Ugh. And he's on Advantix too. (Had it put on the night before).

MC

Talk to your vet about sentinel. It's an all in one pill for heartworms, flea and tick. This stuff is the bomb. No stinky oil and all that other stuff.

Here's my dog, Hally (named after Roy Halladay) at about 9 weeks:

DSCF0744.jpg

And here she is at a year:

DSCF0130.jpg

And here she is a few months ago:

hally.jpg

She's an English Mastiff, and she's pretty much fully grown. She's pretty much maxed out at her current weight of 150 pounds and nearly six feet tall when she stands on her hind legs. She's pretty much a giant baby, though. Unless you're a stranger. Or the mailman.

Talk to your vet about sentinel. It's an all in one pill for heartworms, flea and tick. This stuff is the bomb. No stinky oil and all that other stuff.

Interesting. I'm going to look into that as I need to get heartworm medication soon anyway, and in another month it will be time to apply frontline again.

My dogs, from the top down,
1. Sasha
2. Niko
3. Kyrie

Kyrie and Sasha have not been getting along, and they are much to big to be not getting along. Kyrie was a rescue, Sasha I got way to early (6 weeks old, I unfortunately did not know better at the time and the seller was not a registered breeder *sad face*). Most of this is due to their breed, Sasha is mostly Malamute and Kyrie is huskie. They are both female and trying to establish their dominance. Whats worse is they do recognize me as the alpha, however there fighting is worse when I am around. It would seem they are trying to keep each other away from me. Kyrie is very aggressive with other female dogs as well. My thought is to try and find her a one dog home with an owner that knows about her breed, but this has already been her second home. Anyone have any other ideas? I know how to train obedience but I am not sure how to train out aggression...

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

Scanned Document-7.jpg

Kyrie.jpg

Kyrie1.jpg

Storm, the day I brought her home (she was just under 5 months at that point):
BabyStorm2.jpg
BabyStorm.jpg

And then when she was about 2 years old:
StormandMeSleeping.jpg

She loves sleeping... and she occasionaly lets me use her as a pillow...
2012-01-28204713.jpg

And here is my SWMBO with her at the Seaport...
2011-09-25133145.jpg

*sigh*... love 'em both.

This is George:

George.jpg

He's supposed to be a Westie X Yorkie (surely a Wookie?), but he's way bigger than either should be...

We also have Jasper (aka Jazzy) but he's not photogenic at all! He's an all black (Jack Russell X Yorkie) X Miniature Poodle (or a Pork Russell if you will). So with the fuzzy black hair and the black eyes you just can't get a good photo of him!

Here's my dog, Hally (named after Roy Halladay) at about 9 weeks:

DSCF0744.jpg

And here she is at a year:

DSCF0130.jpg

And here she is a few months ago:

hally.jpg

She's an English Mastiff, and she's pretty much fully grown. She's pretty much maxed out at her current weight of 150 pounds and nearly six feet tall when she stands on her hind legs. She's pretty much a giant baby, though. Unless you're a stranger. Or the mailman.

I really miss my English Mastiff. That was hands down the best dog I have ever raised. Loyal and intelligent is an understatement.

One of my friends in our brew club here in SC has a farm (he grows organic hops amongst others), and he was brewing on Saturday. I dropped by with the two boys and let them roam free on the farm. They LOVED it, and they would come right back when I'd whistle.

Also took a walk from the farm down to the river, the dogs never left my sight. Loved it!

[I didn't snap a picture, oops].

And since this is a homebrewing website, he was brewing an oyester stout with fresh oysters, yes. I shucked them, too!

MC

Here's Omar. Our Dobie mix. Playing with a puppy that we were watching for a couple of days.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6mLN3w7IXmk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is our English Mastiff, Sophie. She's our only dog right now, but we're looking for a male Mastiff to add to the family.

image-2303685452.jpg

wow...I looked through every single one of these posts...I love dog threads!!

Here are my two boxers...MacKaye (brindle, foreground - named after Ian MacKaye, one of my four heroes in life) and Mullen (fawn, background)...they like bubbles!

Bubbles2.jpg

Lot of good looking mutts.

I love mine, but have spent the last 1.5 weeks de-fuming the house after she got sprayed!

3 baths, and everything in the house washed, and I think I just about have a handle on it.

I'll post a picture when her hair grows back!

Bull

bullinachinashop said:
Lot of good looking mutts.

I love mine, but have spent the last 1.5 weeks de-fuming the house after she got sprayed!

3 baths, and everything in the house washed, and I think I just about have a handle on it.

I'll post a picture when her hair grows back!

Bull

I grew up with a dalmation that got sprayed and porcipine shot in the same night!

Here is my dog Scooter. He is a French bulldog and he is our 'discount' puppy because one of his ears didn't grow correctly.

One picture is him getting ready to go out in the cold winter we get up here in New England.

The other is him next to some class 4 rapids near Baxter State Park in Northern Maine - if you've seen American Loggers this is right off one of the roads to the mill. (Also in this picture he has a swollen eye from a bug bite)

He is also in my avatar.

penap.jpg

sweater.jpg

Haha!

Your posts keep wanting me to get cameras setup! Dogs are just tooo funny. Loving the sleeping on his back on the couch.

I kinda wish mine only took up that much room on the couch... Our two danes. The lab (not pictured) knows better!

image-3564740974.jpg

Back