You're a homebrewer when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarrid

Reaction score
I read somewhere; "Don't call yourself a homebrewer until you've used a mop on the ceiling!"

I, personally have never done that. But what does it say when you happen to know the best direction to peel labels from different kinds of bottles to increase the likelihood of getting it all in one piece?

Any other indicators of "you're a homebrewer when___" that anyone can think of?

also.... happy 4:20, for those of you so inclined. :ban:
(I'm not so much inclined that way anymore, but I know some of y'all are havin a good time out there.)

You know you're a homebrewer when:

Your guest bathtub/shower is better referred to as a brew closet.

Watching a carboy bubble for hours is more entertaining than TV.

You spy one of your friends about to smash an empty Sam Adams bottle into the trash can, and cry "Noooooooooo!" as you run to save it from certain destruction.

A trip to the local hardware store results in over $100 in pipe fittings and copper tubing, and nothing in your house needs plumbing.

Your neighbors have accused you of having a meth lab in the backyard (I'm still working on this one).

Ya know you're a homebrewer when each and every Friday:

Your coworkers start at about 1:00PM with the "so what are ya brewing this weekend???"
You desperately try to remember your inventory at home so you didn't forget anything for this weekend's brew.
You have each and every minute of the weekend planned, and it all centers on brewing activities...and that is good.
Your coworkers don't even ask you to go to happy hour anymore cuz they're tired of hearing your same old BMC lecture.

And finally,

Ya log on to HBT and find out what everybody else is brewing this weekend... So what is it?

You know you're a home brewer when every time you see a cooler or stainless vessel, you start thinking about what you can make out of it for your operation.

....You take a tape measure to an appliance store so you can be sure that your cornies will fit into the fridge that you want to convert into a kegerator......

When you (like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory when he buys all those copys of The Catcher in the Rye) you pick up something related to brewing ( real or imaginary) everytime you pass by a LHBS.

When you stop buying certain beers because the bottle labels are hard to remove or they use twist-offs.

Your a homebrewer when.... your freinds roll their eyes at you when you try to explain to them at the bar the difference in timing in the hop additions of the beer they are drinking.

Back