Time to Bottle??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lebowski

Reaction score
Alright so my Dunkelweizen has been in Primary like my recipe said for two weeks. Yesterday I moved it up onto a table in hopes of bottling today. I was getting about three bubbles a minute out of the airlock.

Now that I've moved it up to the table it seems to be bubbling quite regularily. Does this mean that it needs more time fermenting or should I just bottle it regardless?:confused:

PS. There was no signifcant change in temperature when the batch was moved.

Thanks

take a SG reading today, take another in a couple days...

My dunkelweizen took forever to finish fermenting, I think that moving a carboy can cause some dissolved CO2 to come out of solution and cause airlock activity. No change in SG means it is done though.

I have 15 gallons of bad beer due to yeast suicide because I left the beer too long in the primary fermentor. Bottle anyway.

Adrian Abascal said:
I have 15 gallons of bad beer due to yeast suicide because I left the beer too long in the primary fermentor. Bottle anyway.
How long was that? I've gone three weeks with nothing bad happening.

Latest posts

Back