Is it just me?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOGAN

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that i do not hate BMC drinkers.However,a couple of weeks ago i went to a friends family function and all that was available was BMC.I have started to notice something strange about drinking these beers (when theres no other choice).At first i get a faint pilsner or lager taste which is immediately followed by the taste of watered down cheap whiskey...Has anyone else experienced this or am i on a taste bud island?I am willing to say its due to the high corn content and rice hulls.I forgot to wash out a growler of DRIPA awhile back and when i smelled the growler it was pretty much nail polish remover maybe there is a correlation?

I think you are simply suffering from a palate shift. I don't think I've ever noticed a cheap whiskey element to the BMC I've tasted, but we are all different.

For a while after getting into craft beers I couldn't really enjoy the taste of a light american lager, but I've since grown to appreciate them for what they are; flavored water. had a Miller Light the other day that I bought for the guys helping me pour concrete. It was pretty good with the pizza.

had a Miller Light the other day that I bought for the guys helping me pour concrete.
Scrooge, you shall be visited this night by 3 ghosts.

The ghost of crappy beers past

The ghost of crappy beers present

and The ghost of much better home brew.

Heed them Scrooge. HEEEEEEEED Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem...

Had half a miller lite last night after loading broken concrete in the trailer to haul away. Was still pretty good. I really enjoy the corn flavor compared to Bud Light. Eve more refreshing than my Kolsch.

Nope, never noticed a whiskey flavor, but I can definitely pick out corn flavors in adjunct lagers and in the cream ale I made.

JBOGAN said:
Let me preface this by saying that i do not hate BMC drinkers.However,a couple of weeks ago i went to a friends family function and all that was available was BMC.I have started to notice something strange about drinking these beers (when theres no other choice).At first i get a faint pilsner or lager taste which is immediately followed by the taste of watered down cheap whiskey...Has anyone else experienced this or am i on a taste bud island?I am willing to say its due to the high corn content and rice hulls.I forgot to wash out a growler of DRIPA awhile back and when i smelled the growler it was pretty much nail polish remover maybe there is a correlation?

I kind of know what you mean. I actually get it mostly in the first few sips and only out of a can. I never knew how to describe it but gotta be the same taste.

Back