syrup on a plane

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingDutchman

Reaction score
So I am going up to Milwaukee to visit relatives and would love to stop by the Sprecher's plant and pick up a gallon of their root beer syrup. Since I'll already be in town i figure it will save on shipping. The only thing is, I'm not sure what the laws are concerning transoprting a gallon jug of syrup in my checked baggage. Obviously I cannot carry it on but i am hoping i can put it in my other luggage. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Edit:

Oh, not sure it matters, but I'm flying Southwest.

So I am going up to Milwaukee to visit relatives and would love to stop by the Sprecher's plant and pick up a gallon of their root beer syrup. Since I'll already be in town i figure it will save on shipping. The only thing is, I'm not sure what the laws are concerning transoprting a gallon jug of syrup in my checked baggage. Obviously I cannot carry it on but i am hoping i can put it in my other luggage. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Edit:

Oh, not sure it matters, but I'm flying Southwest.

Sure, it can go in your checked bags, no problem. While you're there, pick up some beer, too! I'd wrap both the soda jug (which is plastic) and any beer bottles with a big trash bag, and use a twist tie on it, just in case. Wrap it securely in your clothes so it doesn't rattle around, and it'll be fine.

I hear they have some good ones. I'll definately be sampling and add some favorites to my take. That's the great thing about Southwest. 2 checked bags free means tons of extra room to bring back all the stuff I miss after moving too far South...

Thanks for the info.

Back