ZEN....100% homebrew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
I will never buy a sixer again...ohmmm....will buy a pint on draft...but no bottled ever again....ohmmmm.....with the occasional "not on draft anywhere" bottle or so...oh ok...occasional sixer;)I am so happy and committed to my pipeline.

Best right now has to be a black and blacker mix of my dark side stout and my pumpkin seed porter.

That's what I keep saying to myself, but I can never settle for a limited selection. I have a DIPA? I want a different DIPA. I have a stout? Well, I want another kind of stout.

I have yet to feel any real draw to purchasing any commercial beer since I've been brewing my own. I'm perfectly happy with having three brews on tap at all times. Gives me a good selection to work with. I am looking forward to having my mocha porter on tap soon. :D

IIPA, Dark as HELL stout, PS Porter on tap. Pale ale fermenting away.

Only laziness would let me go down to 2 again.

Tennessee's wine/liquor/beer laws suck.
Unless you are looking for a middle of the road, 5.5%, overpriced IPA, don't even bother going to the store.
That's the primary reason I started homebrewing.

I have found that if I keep at least one fermenter going at all times that I never run out of pipeline. The hard part is finding the time to brew!

I thought that would be the case, but I still buy craft brew... possibly more now than before though I try to limit my beer purchases to while on work travel (per diem isn't just for food ;)). Mainly I like to try beers before I make something in that style... lately for me it's been sours.

I totally commend you on your pipeline, though!! Mine fully supports a beer or two a day now, so I don't "need" to buy beer at home.

Tennessee's wine/liquor/beer laws suck.
Unless you are looking for a middle of the road, 5.5%, overpriced IPA, don't even bother going to the store.
That's the primary reason I started homebrewing.

Aye, I live about 80 miles west of Knoxville. Here all craftbrew is $9-10 per six pack minimum. Hell, Guinness is $10 for a sixer. Rasputin RIS is about $13 for a 4 pack.

I know it's a dangerous conceit to get into homebrewing to save money but with the prices around where I live I might actually make it.

Buying sixers is now in the "hobbies" budget instead of the "family groceries" budget. I buy way more beer than I did before. It's research.

Buying sixers is now in the "hobbies" budget instead of the "family groceries" budget. I buy way more beer than I did before. It's research.

There are enough places around here serving GOOD beer on tap, so I will do my research there.

Had an AWESOME Dunkelweisen at Against the Grain friday night.

Aye, I live about 80 miles west of Knoxville. Here all craftbrew is $9-10 per six pack minimum. Hell, Guinness is $10 for a sixer. Rasputin RIS is about $13 for a 4 pack.

I know it's a dangerous conceit to get into homebrewing to save money but with the prices around where I live I might actually make it.

I'm not sure how they decided that anything over 6.25% has to be sold in a liquor store, but man does it screw us out of so much good beer at a reasonable price.

Here in Knoxville, shopping for craft beer at a liquor store is like shopping for an engagement ring at Tiffany's on 5th ave. I asked what the price of Ranger IPA was the other day (unmarked on the shelf).....$12. Absurd. I'm sure it doesn't help that our F-ed up laws dictate that every distributor in the state puts a mark-up on it before it hits the shelf.

FWIW, I still buy beer when I'm in Virginia & North Carolina, but I've about given up on the knuckleheads in Nashville passing any sensible laws when it comes to alcohol.

I'm not sure how they decided that anything over 6.25% has to be sold in a liquor store, but man does it screw us out of so much good beer at a reasonable price.

Here in Knoxville, shopping for craft beer at a liquor store is like shopping for an engagement ring at Tiffany's on 5th ave. I asked what the price of Ranger IPA was the other day (unmarked on the shelf).....$12. Absurd. I'm sure it doesn't help that our F-ed up laws dictate that every distributor in the state puts a mark-up on it before it hits the shelf.

FWIW, I still buy beer when I'm in Virginia & North Carolina, but I've about given up on the knuckleheads in Nashville passing any sensible laws when it comes to alcohol.

All the more reason to brew! Get a few friends to sample and kick in equipment and supplies.

Had an AWESOME Dunkelweisen at Against the Grain friday night.

I met one of those guys at Great Taste last year, Sam Cruz. He said he was the head brewer - his card says Managing Member, not sure what that means. anyway i met him the night before, drunk off my a$$. i talked to him for probably half an hour. pretty cool guy, they had some good beers at great taste.

ehh, i just bought a case of labatt blue. This morning I kegged 10 gallons of house Pale Ale, and 5 gal of DBIPA (stone 15th anniv clone), getting ready to bottle a scotch ale and a belgian golden strong too. But tomorrow is college football tailgate time. Need to still be awake by halftime, and I'm not brewing beer just to be consumed all at once at a tailgate.

I met one of those guys at Great Taste last year, Sam Cruz. He said he was the head brewer - his card says Managing Member, not sure what that means. anyway i met him the night before, drunk off my a$$. i talked to him for probably half an hour. pretty cool guy, they had some good beers at great taste.

:mug: their place is pretty impressive! I'll post a pic. 3 story glass wall with copper tanks on each floor.

ehh, i just bought a case of labatt blue. This morning I kegged 10 gallons of house Pale Ale, and 5 gal of DBIPA (stone 15th anniv clone), getting ready to bottle a scotch ale and a belgian golden strong too. But tomorrow is college football tailgate time. Need to still be awake by halftime, and I'm not brewing beer just to be consumed all at once at a tailgate.

Ya know.....;) I have a CHEAPO pale ale fermenting for college sports quaffing, but really I need 2 more kegs to justify keeping that on hand.

If my friends don't like it, they can buy the labbatts.

Cant believe this is the best pic I have of ATG.

_facebook_-1950416467.jpg

Back