Brewing Classic Styles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
I just ordered a signed copy from the brewing network. This book is a collection of winning recipes in every BJCP style by Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer. Anyone else order a copy of this yet?

There was an excerpt in the latest Zymergy covering category 15 (weizen/weissbier). The hefe recipe is very similar to the one I use, and mine is pretty damn good. (Only major difference is I do a protein rest - not mentioned in the excerpt - and use Hersbrucker instead of Hallertau. I also do a decoction, and while not in the recipe itself it is mentioned as an option in the writeup.) The roggenbier recipe looks interesting and I may have to try that. I've never been quite sure what goes into that besides rye.

I received my copy today via US mail. :ban: Anyone else that ordered a copy should be getting it pretty soon. I'm browsing right now...

Keep the reviews coming on this. I saw the recipes in Zymurgy, and there's extract directions as well as AG, but I'd like to know if a beginner would really benefit from this book to start with, or if it's meant for a little later in one's homebrewing experience?

Matt

Back