Maine Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeegod

Reaction score
Hey I am headed to the Bar Harbor area of Maine in september, can anyone recommend any breweries that I need to check out/ or beer related attractions?
Thanks
Scott

That depends on how you're going to get there.. are you going to be taking I-95 to Bangor, then down through Ellsworth, etc., to get there; or are you taking US Route 1 all the way up the coast?

http://www.beerinfo.com/index.php/pages/breweryME.html

There are some breweries right in Bar Harbor (check the list above).

Other good breweries: Allagash (Portland), Black Bear (brewpub in Orono), Gritty McDuff's (brewpub Portland, Freeport and Lewiston... I like the Freeport location best)... Sea Dog (brewpub in various locations.. the one in Bangor is nice.)

If you do make it to Bangor, I STRONGLY recommend you visit Nocturnum Drafthaus on 56 Main St. The owner, Gene, is not only a homebrewer, but he's featuring something like 14 beers on tap, including casks and lambics. The tap list from Saturday: http://www.nocturnemdrafthaus.com/2011/updated-6-4/

He gets his hands on a lot of stuff that no one else even bothers with. And let him know Jonny B sent ya. ;-)

Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

I live here in Bar Harbor and while at one point we boasted three microbreweries in a town with a year round pop. of 5000 we are down to one very good one right now. The Atlantic Brewing company have a great selection of ales and lagers, their beer is in every bar and restaurant in the area. The brewery has a beer garden with a barbecue operation that is a great way to spend an afternoon. www.atlanticbrewing.com I live about 100 yards from the brewery; email me when you get here - I will join you. [email protected]

Latest posts

Back