MoreBeer Heavy Duty Brew Kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shepherd5

Reaction score
I was looking at these kettles and noticed that they do not have a 10 gallon kettle, just an 8 gallon and a 15 gallon which struck me as very odd, considering their brew sculptures are designed for 10 and 20 gallon kettles. Anyone know why they don't offer a 10 gallon kettle? I realize that an 8 gallon kettle will suffice for a 5 gallon batch and the 15 gallon kettle will suffice for a 10 gallon batch, but it just seemed strange because most other companies sell a 10 gallon as an option.

Also, how often does MoreBeer offer their brew kettles as a special in their, "Deal of the Day"? I have been checking their site for a few weeks and all their deals are for small items. I am on a budget for brewing equipment, hoping to score a good deal on one of their kettles.

You can make a 10gal batch in a 15gal kettle and a 5gal batch in an 8gal kettle. A 10gal kettle really doesn't help much in the world of multiples of 5gal brewing....

You can make a 10gal batch in a 15gal kettle and a 5gal batch in an 8gal kettle. A 10gal kettle really doesn't help much in the world of multiples of 5gal brewing....

That and the cost between a 10 gallon and a 15 gallon was so small we figured on just getting the 15's.

I am putting 4 of the 15 gallon kettles up for Deal of the Day tomorrow ... :)

Only 27 miles away from me, I could be at their door before they open.
Sad part i'm not in the market for a kettle.

M-F 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Sat 10:00AM to 5: PM.

1-800-600-0033
1-800-823-0010
International Orders 925-771-7100

I just shop there i'm not connected with them in any way.

I waited up until about 1:30 am when the deal of the day finally popped up, so I did the transaction, but your website would not accept my visa, which I checked and rechecked, kept trying to complete the transaction, but to no avail. I am bummed. So after a dozen attempts, I gave up at 2:00 am. Oh well! Any chance you can do the deal for me over the phone?

Not everyone can. My 5.5 gallon preboil is close to 8 gallons. That pot would be a waste of time. 15 gal is the way to go. Of course I need a 20 gallon pot for double batches.

Back