Best place to buy a thermowell?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swem

Reaction score
I have to put a thermowell in my kettle for my incoming controller, I was just wondering where I could find the cheapest ss thermowell, pref weldless.

Bobby at BrewHardware.com will sort you out.

Brewer's Hardware also have a useful selection.

I bought some weldless thermowells from Brewer's Hardware that I never ended up using as I ultimately bought Stout Tanks. But, I can tell you they are extremely high quality even if mine do nothing but sit on a shelf looking shiny.

Dudda diesel also has a nice one for about 15 bucks, IIRC. A DS18b20 will slide right in.

Wheelchair Bob

I have to plug Brewer's Hardware. I am happy with the one I bought from them. I also have one from More Beer as well. The Brewer's hardware one is better. It has a rounded end and the More Beer has a crimped end.

Yeah, I bought one from MoreBeer a long time ago that goes through the airlock bung to monitor ferm temps in the center of the carboy. It is nothing more than a ss tube that has one end crimped and poorly welded shut which makes it extremely difficult if not dangerous to get it through the bung. On the other end it has a flared end. The flaring process reduced the diameter of the tube at the flare so I had to use a dremel to grind it out so that I could get the temp probe in it. Over all that Morebeer part sucks, hopefully they have updated it.

Latest posts

Back