Quick disconnects for gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BetterSense

Reaction score
I would like to hook my tank up to my kegerator with a quick disconnect fitting so i can remove it easily for taking on picnics. I was thinking about buying regular air fitting like you use for an air compressor. Does anyone else do this or have a better idea for fittings to use?

What kind of push-connect fittings? Where do you buy them?

The good thing about air compressor fittings is that the female side holds pressure after disconnection. So you can disconnect your gas, but not let out any pressure.

I've been using proper bev-flex beverage line for my gas lines; does anyone use something cheaper?

I've been using air hose disconnects for 3.5 years now on 3 different regulators. No leaks so far. I chose this because I started with a mixture of pin lock and ball lock kegs. I've since added specialty hoses such as one with an air horn that I use to push beer out of the carboy and one with an air chuck that I use on a homemade tire-valve carbonator cap to carb up beer or soda in plastic bottles.

Back