How best to run grounds with a plastic enclosure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcomb

Reaction score
I'm building a fairly basic RIMS system based on one of PJs excellent schematics. I've noticed most people use metal enclosures with a ground lug, but my enclosure will be plastic. In this case, what's the accepted way to run grounds? An additional terminal block? Do I need to ground the casings of my switches and such that would normally contact a metal enclosure?

Thanks,
-Mike

dontforget that any ground wire you use has to be rated for the max current of your system

I used the standard 12x12x6 plastic enclosure and ordered a hoffman metal backplane from Platt - http://www.platt.com/platt-electric...sures/Hoffman/A12N12P/product.aspx?zpid=26884

Mounted it on plastic standoffs inside box. Used tap and die set to mount all internal components. Also got a 5-position ground bar that is mounted (grounded) to metal backplane. All external components (ie rtd quick disconnects, power input, power output) have ground continuity.

Back