Let's start some controversy....to secondary or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im surprise one of those brew magazines havent done a control test on using two of same exact recipes, but keeping one in primary and the other transfer to conditioning.

Or someone from here has done it yet. I dont know.

Im surprise one of those brew magazines havent done a control test on using two of same exact recipes, but keeping one in primary and the other transfer to conditioning.

Or someone from here has done it yet. I dont know.

That was what the original BYO magazine/basic brewing podcast was about that FINALLY gave some credence to what many of us had been saying for years. That was what finally made this more mainstream, and was what got John Palmer re-evaluating what he wrote.

That was what, 3 years back...That's what made the shift and stopped some of the viciousness that was thrown our way when we dared mention that autloysis in this instance was a boogeyman.

There's also been several threads on here of folks doing that very thing. Irregularpulse even entered both batches into contests to put them head to head.

A lot of that is referenced in the thread I linked earlier, that's why I linked it, because just about everything about this that has been done has been put into that thread.

The basic brewing guys are great. I have been listening to them starting back to the first show for like a two weeks now.

LOL...

Here's a good example. nukinfuts has only been here since Nov. but he's already become part of the community. He's in the trenches, asking AND answering questions, and interacting with folks on here. It's only been a few weeks but I feel an affinity towards him/her/it.....

LMAO

I'm one of those long time lurkers. Been here around a year, learned to make beer last year and signed up this year looking up the whole wine scene. I'm a perfect example of finding everything you need through search.

I have a custom search in my browser (chrome). I just type "hbt" and hit space and it automatically searches anything after that through this website. I took the time to set that up (30 seconds?) because the search tool here is so powerful. I bet I use it 20 times a day.

In its own quirky way, this thread may be one of the best examples of why I love HBT and why I think it works on so many levels. You've got 80+ responses in 1 day on a polarizing, but well discussed topic. You've got new folks and old pros interacting, people giving honest opinions, anecdotes, hearsay, people jumping in with a encyclopedic knowledge and linked references, guys debating the merit of rehashing the already debated, mini-controversies, jovial humor, sarcasm, inside jokes, and a lot of communal sharing of personalities. And of course the mods are great, but pretty cool that it is a largely self-moderated community without the trolls and bottom feeders cruisin' the rest of the web.

Back