Ideas for a second go around

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoutman82

Reaction score
Okay so I bottled my first beer today its a Thomas coopers dry Irish stout, looks and smells great. But the problem is what to do for my next brew. These are the kits I've been looking at and am just curious if anyone has tried them if so what were your results?

AMERICAN CREAM ALE Brewers Best

Thomas coopers Australian pale ale

Brewferm Diabolo Beer Kit

Thanks for any insight I appreciate it.

But the problem is what to do for my next brew.

Oh the trouble and strife of brewing haha. If only all of life's problems were so delicious in the end...:mug:

I usually try to think of a couple things when planning a new brew... this may or may not help now or in the future.
Seasonal: is it summer or winter, or those seasons that are supposed to come in between them. i tend to do lagers in winter since the basement stays chilly and ales in the summer.
Audience: brewing something to sit around the house and drink, or something to take to an event/party and share with lots of folks, something that SWMBO likes never hurts.
History: who was president in 1848? wait not that kind. What's in secondary/bottled/kegged right now? Do something similar to compare and contrast a style, or go for something completely different to have variety (color, style, strength or hops/alc/malt).

Hope this long winded reply helps somehow.

Oh and head to your LHBS and see what kits they have, or let them help you build your own recipe:rockin:

Hopefully you are so lucky to have one in your area but were I live there is a annual beer tasting with over 150 craft brews. Take notes, drink lots of beer and dream what I'm making all year.

In late September/early October I brewed Brewers Best American Cream Ale, Red Ale, and Robust Porter. The Cream Ale is all gone and I have some of the others left. It took more time than I thought for the American Cream Ale to mature but boy was it good when it did.

Thanks for the input I'm pretty lucky to have homebrewit.com in my backyard literally 5 min from my house only downside us they aren't open until wed. But they havr a very nice store and are really helpful.

Well I went with the brewferm diablo kit I'm excited to try it sounded good also sounded strong.

If I am not mistaken that is something like a can of extract and 2.5 lbs of sugar for 2.5 gallons. The time I made it, I used 3.5 gallons to cut the abv down to about 6%.

If you make it per the instructions be ready for an alcohol blast.

The mix was easy it was 2.5 gal hot 2.5 cold + the mix and malt. The weird part was it started fermenting in less then 6 hours. and hasn't stopped I'm now at 18hrs of bubbles in the Fermenter I was a bit worried I had killed the yeast I didn't see the temperature when I added the yeast and it was at 78. But we'll see how it hopefully turns out.

No boil, Brewhouse's cream ale. My favorite one yet. Easy to do unless you drop the bladder bag.

So I bottled it today the color was amazing now it suggests to be aged for 6~8 weeks :( but I guess I can wait.

ForumRunner_20110120_211159.jpg

ForumRunner_20110120_211218.jpg

ForumRunner_20110120_211238.jpg

Back