Dissapointed in myself

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
SWMBO is going to her mom's Thursday to help her after Surgery. She'll be staying the night.
I'm ashamed of my myself because my first thought was, Disc golf immediaetly after work for 2-3 rounds, then the bar with the guys, when it should have been, Squeeze in a brew day. I have an open Ale Pail. I should do an extract kit....I could swing that and gold and beers with the guys. anyone know a good sub $20 kit? Would probably need to order today. I have some notty on hand an a pound of simcoe.....

Looking for some Simcoe only extract recipes. could do steeping grains as well.

You could do TheJadedDog's All-Amarillo IPA extract recipe with Simcoe. (Pretty much the same as that last recipe I suggested to you, but extract rather than all-grain.)

I don't know if I've ever even had Simcoe...or not realized. it. Whats a good commercial example? I'll look at that recipe Rick

nothing to be ashamed about for wanting to get a round of disc golf in. instead of doing 2-3 rounds just do one and instead of going to the bar with your friends, bring the bar to your place and brew and drink. once brewing is done go to the bar if you still want to.

you can have your cake and eat it too this time!

I too used to have that instant "Oh.... I can fit some discin' in" thought whenever free or alone time presented itself. Both activities really bring out one's passion for fun.

If there is one thing I love it is disc sports... and also beer.

Hmm... what would the recovering MIL think about that one...?

what does MIL think about what? And what does it matter. She is MIL not Mom, I am 27, not 12, and she is 2 hours away. SWMBO is going north to take care of her, not me.

I'm thinking brewing will not happen. Ingredients wouldn't get here in time most likely. I'll just stick to 2-3 rounds of DG and a bar. ****ty part is, the best beer in town is at my house. So probably a few beers with the guys out (it's just nice to get out) then back to my basement with 2 on tap.

Good luck with all your activities!! I hope the beer stuff works out especially. :D

Oh yeah, that wife thing, whatever it was......I hope that goes OK too.

I just caught this... weyerbacher brewing has a double simcoe IPA. I tried it after seeing many praises of simcoe sung. This is he only example I have tried. I was not overly impressed. I felt like it could have been much smoother in its presentation of the hop, but perhaps I am just in a low hop mood these days. I would rather try it in a pale and experience it without being beat about the head by it.

Just me.

I just placed an order with brewMasters Warehouse for 1 can (3.3lbs) Liquid Amber Extract and 4 lbs Extra Light Dry Extract. I'll be using a pack of Notty I have in the fridge downstairs and will figure out a hopping schedule today/tomorrow. I'm kind of excited to do another extract batch. It will be nice to have a 3 hour or less brew day. I'll still do a full boil in my keggle though. Hopefully my order gets's hipped today and arrives Thursday.....

Back