Logo Help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JalaPeno

Reaction score
ebclogodrawing.png

I like the design but would like some advice.

Keep it black & white?
add shadows and such for depth?
or go all out with color?

I want to keep it simple for printing purposes.

Make it :rockin: and I will send you a pint glass with the logo.

Thanks!

What are you looking for? Do you have any ideas of how you want this to go? Do you have a brewery name? Are you looking for a clear simple oval image you and place on any label? Or do you want a detailed logo for large printing areas?

What print process are you intending to use?

I would go with something like 3 colors to make it pop. I think this could easily go from being a good logo to an awesome one with some color added. The artwork itself is really solid, but it just doesn't smack a chair across your teeth without the contrast.

The artwork itself is really solid, but it just doesn't smack a chair across your teeth without the contrast.

Exactly.

That's where I am having trouble. I've done a simple "fill in" with colors but it's still not very good. I have tried dropping in shadows and highlights but seems to go way beyond a simple 3 or 4 color process for printing.

If I used zazzle or whatever process would I be limited in amount of colors I used?

I think you could reverse out the image and/or the text and achieve the contrast you are looking for. Looks nice!

I can't remember about Zazzle, but CafePress is not limited in the number of colors like the old screen printing process is. Even local print shops are starting to get direct-print machines and saying to hell with tooling up for short-run screen prints.

That being said, I would stick to a limited palate but use gradients for more depth.

ebccolorlogo.png

Thanks for the help. A very talented artist finished the design and I am very happy.

Back