time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to wait for the fella who let me take his turn, take a guess

Next hint: there is a thread on this forum dedicated to this clone.

If you cheat by looking at my posting history, the terrorists win.

sfrisby said:
Had to wait for the fella who let me take his turn, take a guess

Next hint: there is a thread on this forum dedicated to this clone.

If you cheat by looking at my posting history, the terrorists win.

You might want to elaborate a bit. The game is about guessing styles, as trying to guess some random specific beer would be too difficult (most of the time) , and as you can see, everyone is guess styles.

Nothing wrong with changing it up (as long as the answer isn't stupidly hard), but if guessing the style of the beer is not going to be adequate, you gotta let us know SOMEHOW, so that people don't just waste all their time doing what basically amounts to giving math answers on an English test!

Oh, and the answer is a quadruple.

Seriously, not smarta$$ing about. Honest guess. I thought mcbethenstein was just messing with me... didn't really think I won.

EDIT: Oops, it's on my sig. Gonna post a new one

RE-EDIT:

Here we go. Hint -- The appearance is misleading. Also, it's made with fruit.

0710111207.jpg

Nyet to both.

New hint: Based on a commercial brew, widely available on the West Coast. Base beer is the American version of a popular European style.

No all around.

New hint: Fruit is out of the ordinary. Base beer is almost never done at "imperial" or "double" strengths.

Chili pepper maibock? Lol...

Does this fruit contribute any color to the beer?

Still no correct guess.

Remember, it's based on a commercial brew. And no, the fruit adds no color.

New hint: The fruit is tropical. The base beer might require β-glucan and protein rests.

Back