Brewstand Manufacturers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smangold

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to compile a list of brewstand manufactures. I'm finally in the market for a brewstand and want to view all my possible options. I've already looked at:

Blichmann
More Beer
Ruby Street
Brewstands.com
Better Brew Stand
Brewers Equipment
Brew Magic
Bad Ass Brewstands
Brewtree.com

Is there any that I am omitting?

Thanks,
Scott

Heh I compiled this same list a while back. Settled on Kurt (OneHoppyGuy) with BrewSteel.com (Bad Ass Brewstands). He's fast with responses, has good practical advice, good prices... and he's five miles from me.

I set up a homebrew "tasting" tomorrow with friends and coworkers to "motivate" them to contribute $ to the cause :). Wish me luck!!

Thanks everyone for their input. The decision looks to be a difficult one.

Pick up a cheap used MIG and teach yourself. It's not too hard.

This may seem like a silly question...but is it similar (somewhat) to soldering? I consider myself to be a handy person, but I cannot solder to save my life.

I have an unreliable Uncle who knows how to weld. I was thinking about asking him to if he could manage the Brutus Ten. The obvious problem here is getting him to follow through on a commitment.

Is it cost efficient/worth the effort to build a stand (with a reliable welder)?

smangold said:
Thanks everyone for their input. The decision looks to be a difficult one.

This may seem like a silly question...but is it similar (somewhat) to soldering? I consider myself to be a handy person, but I cannot solder to save my life.

I have an unreliable Uncle who knows how to weld. I was thinking about asking him to if he could manage the Brutus Ten. The obvious problem here is getting him to follow through on a commitment.

Is it cost efficient/worth the effort to build a stand (with a reliable welder)?

Actually, I don't think it's much harder. Even if your weld is ugly, it's still functional and can clean up nice.

I had no welding or soldering experience before building my stand, and I ended up with my ideal brew stand, at a fraction of the cost. Also picked up some good skills that I have already put to good use.

If you're serious about learning, let me know and I can give you some good links and lessons learned.

Welders? Welders? We don't need no stinking welders!

92dc50d7-orig.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey no problem OneHoppyGuy, to each his own and all that. I was just trying to give the OP an example of an easy DIY option. I would love to learn to weld and i am not knocking your stuff, it looks really nice.

What I built works for me and for around $500 and some elbow grease i was able to build something that does exactly the same thing as your deluxe version. But, then again; I have always liked to tinker with stuff.

StrongBad... I really like the your stand and the one that our customer is replacing. I was a little surprised that he is. But hey... any opportunity to advertize... right?

absolutely, I am jealous, i would love to be able to pay for all my brewing by building brewing equipment.

Thanks really like my stand too, it is leaps and bounds better than brewing in the kitchen. I recently upgraded my mashtun to a bottom drain keg so I would have enough room to do a DFH 120 minute IPA. We can't buy it out here because of Georgia's retarded liquor laws. Apparently they don't think that beer should have that much alcohol in it.

absolutely, I am jealous, i would love to be able to pay for all my brewing by building brewing equipment.

LOL!
I sold all my equipment to start the business. I'm surrounded by brew stands and nothing to brew on like the cobbler whose children have no shoes. But that's okay, I'm getting a good idea of what mine will be like.

If only I knew how to weld...:confused:

Welding is literally just amped up soldering. It's not difficult, go find a shop around you that will trade beer for teaching and see what you come up with. You're going to pay a fortune for a premade stand.

OneHoppyGuy said:
Yup, much cheaper buying the steel, welder, grinding equipment, cutting equipment, welding wire, sanding and grinding discs, welding mask, welding gloves, clamps, time you spend learning and building...

Just like soldering.

We've been in business a year and I'm ready to retire and drive my $300,000 Maserati into the sunset with the fortune we've made. :ban:

Tools are an investment.

I had to buy all that on your list, and continue to use them. I just welded up a kick ass workbench last weekend.
Very glad I taught myself to weld.

Yup, much cheaper buying the steel, welder, grinding equipment, cutting equipment, welding wire, sanding and grinding discs, welding mask, welding gloves, clamps, time you spend learning and building...

Just like soldering.

We've been in business a year and I'm ready to retire and drive my $300,000 Maserati into the sunset with the fortune we've made.

I realize you pay to be a vendor, but your endless pimping and snide comments are getting tired. I enjoy reading brew stand threads and I am starting to spot a trend with you.

Is there an ignore function on this forum?

I realize you pay to be a vendor, but your endless pimping and snide comments are getting tired. I enjoy reading brew stand threads and I am starting to spot a trend with you.

Really? Each time I see him on some threads I'm both surprised and pleased that he isn't afraid to give props to other vendors.

I'm in no need for a stand right now and I know I couldn't afford it even if I was but if I were ever to buy one, then his site is the first place I would check out. I haven't read any crappy reviews about him and, like I said, he seems like a nice guy.

Point taken. I will do my best to remain professional.

Simmer down Sally. Just use the 'unsubscribe' link in the thread's listing from your CP.

BTW the man from BadAss has been very helpful whenever I've needed information.

I know I found the ignore button and used it on the bozo that slammed Kurt! If he had bothered to read other post by Kurt he would have known it was a tongue and cheek comment and not anything more. Makes me wonder if that bozo from Texas is logged on again under another name.........

Ok rant over..... Brew on.

To the OP:
If you choose to build your own you will find a goldmine of information on this site, including many posts by me regarding frame design, gas lines, parts lists etc. Also, you are free to look at our stands on our web site and Facebook page.

Back