First Brew Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gw

Reaction score
I completed my first brew which is Nukey Ale from Northern Brewer. I think all went well but would like some verification.

1. When my brew started fermenting in the plastic containers the airlock did not go crazy as some have posted. It bubbled every ten seconds or so the first day or two. Is this normal???

2. Bubbling in airlock has ceased to one bubble every 90 seconds or more, it has been about nine days. Is it done???

3. I will be kegging this beer any tips on kegging and how long before I start to consume????

4. Can it be kept at room temp while in keg until ready to drink??

Thanks for helping a newbie.

You don't mention a hydrometer, this would answer he majority of your questions.
Fermentation rate differers in relation to many variables. Measuring the gravity will let you know how it is doing. Bubble rate can not be relied on unless you know your kit.

Oh and well done on the first brew.

Room temp is fine and you can drink it when ever you want, it's your beer.
I depends on the gravity of the brew and the carbonation method as to how long before it's ready.
Many drink it before it's at it's best.

Head on over to the Bottling/Kegging section and check out the Bottling/Kegging FAQ stickied on top.

Latest posts

Back