heading to Boston and N.Y.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahines08

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me some breweries a must have to visit while in Boston and N.Y. I know there are many

Boston:

Publick House
- my go to place for good beer. (http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-publick-house-brookline)
Yardhouse -They have a pretty large list of beers, but many of them are the commons(http://www.yardhouse.com/ma/boston-restaurant/)
Cambridge Brewing Co. - Havent been here, but love their beer (www.cambrew.com)

Now imo a must, get a car and drive to the Night Shift Brewery (http://www.nightshiftbrewing.com/) These guys are very small, but they are making some AMAZING beer. I guarantee you will come out with a growler or 2.

Any more info on Boston feel free to send me a message,

Salud!

Not sure how you're coming up from NY, but if you're taking 95, consider a stop in Providence RI at the Trinity Brewhouse.

If you wend your way anywhere near Plymouth MA, check out Mayflower Brewing. They have a great taproom.

Being from plymouth I can second Mayflower...they are really pushing out some very nice beers and have a great line up.

CBC is amazing...their flower child they just released is so lights out its not even funny.

Jack's Abbey is a must...literally a must. If you can't make it out there in Framingham, pick up Hopinous Union, ABCS, and just about any other you can find because they are probably the best brewery in mass at this point.

Night shift is doing great thing as well. Brash has really come along way and they have some really nice brews like Item Nine and Skankin Dirty

Calichusetts said:
Being from plymouth I can second Mayflower...they are really pushing out some very nice beers and have a great line up.

CBC is amazing...their flower child they just released is so lights out its not even funny.

Jack's Abbey is a must...literally a must. If you can't make it out there in Framingham, pick up Hopinous Union, ABCS, and just about any other you can find because they are probably the best brewery in mass at this point.

Night shift is doing great thing as well. Brash has really come along way and they have some really nice brews like Item Nine and Skankin Dirty

I feel very confident that I never have to answer these threads because Cali knows and says everything I would have.

How awesome is Flower Child?!?!

This is an old thread but I'm in Boston for work, brought SWMBO with me and she booked a brewery tour with bostonbeertours.com.

Ben from BBT was knowledgeable, gave a bit of beer history about Boston, definitely going to get in touch with him again when I revisit.

Went to Mystic Brewery, Night Shift & Cambridge. Also had dinner at a pizza place called Area 4. I think Night Shift are my new fave brewery! They brew 'homebrew' style, nothing big or fancy like the 'big' pros. Found out that they only brew 3 times a week and they'll do 3 brews back to back to fill their massive conicals. Anything they bottle is done by hand only 2 bottles at a time! Corked by hand also!

CBC had an amazing porter on tap last night and it's totally changed my perception of porters. I loved the fact that they brew right behind the bar wih all the grain stacked up on shelves in the pub/brewery.

ScotBrew said:
This is an old thread but I'm in Boston for work, brought SWMBO with me and she booked a brewery tour with bostonbeertours.com. Ben from BBT was knowledgeable, gave a bit of beer history about Boston, definitely going to get in touch with him again when I revisit. Went to Mystic Brewery, Night Shift & Cambridge. Also had dinner at a pizza place called Area 4. I think Night Shift are my new fave brewery! They brew 'homebrew' style, nothing big or fancy like the 'big' pros. Found out that they only brew 3 times a week and they'll do 3 brews back to back to fill their massive conicals. Anything they bottle is done by hand only 2 bottles at a time! Corked by hand also! CBC had an amazing porter on tap last night and it's totally changed my perception of porters. I loved the fact that they brew right behind the bar wih all the grain stacked up on shelves in the pub/brewery.

Night shift is my favorite brewery. Rose and habanero are incredible beers.

Bought a 64oz growler of Seaglass. Have it chilling in the fridge right now, can't wait to get it open!

Back