Collection of commercial beer labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldmann

Reaction score
I've been collecting commercial beer bottle labels for awhile and im starting to get a substantial collection. My original idea was to cover the top of a coffee table with them, then put glass, plexiglass or something over top.

I'm having trouble coming up with ideas, I want to make something creative and I'm looking here for some ideas other people might have. I'm not stuck on a coffee table, I'm open for anything.

Any ideas are welcomes! Thanks!

i did something like that awhile back...girlfriend at the time called it Decoupage. i guess that means pasteing crap to other crap. i also used beer labels on a coffee table. i just used that crap that she had...i belive it had the same name Decoupage...came in a small round container, i think people use it for piñatas..at any rate..paste that crap on to the back of the lable...put on table...till its full of labels...put another layer of that paste crap....then a clear coat or your glass type stuff. done.

You can get tubs of the Decopage at Hobby lobby, they even have encasing stuff to pour on a layer say .25" think right over the top of it.

One brand is Modge Podge. I think there are two kinds you need to get, one to glue labels down and another for the clear coat.

Have you looked at using pour on epoxy? That's what you see at bars that have things like menus, coasters, etc embedded. You need 'liquid proof' and that would do it. Big box stores have it in their paint dept.

Used the pour on epoxy for my kegerator top build. We used labels from some of our favorite beers and bottle caps as well.

ATT_1355099022454_photo.JPG

What about building some wood beer boxes and covering them with labels?

I'm thinking about doing this with my own beer labels. Maybe make a wood box every year and cover it with that year's labels.

My SWMBO spent about a year writing to various breweries around the world asking them for labels and got hundreds back. She wants to make a top for our bar (about 2' x 10') using something like this. I'll show her the pics. Hopefully, I'll get a new and improved bar top:)

Brews said:
My SWMBO spent about a year writing to various breweries around the world asking them for labels and got hundreds back. She wants to make a top for our bar (about 2' x 10') using something like this. I'll show her the pics. Hopefully, I'll get a new and improved bar top:)

Think I'm going to be writing some of my favorite breweries and see what I get back for when I finally finish the basement and build my bar. Thanks for the idea well your other halts idea lol

here is one idea, here is my wall of coasters next to the kegger.

BFPZ1K9CYAAEnp9.jpg

they're picture frames from ikea, 4 for $1 and they fit coasters perfectly. so labels shouldn't be an issue.

i do have a ton more to go up, but no time in the day to get them fixed :(

Cool thread, I have a small collection of coasters that I started at the beginning of February when I did some beer tourism in California. I also have started a small collection of labels as I soak them off of bottles for my homebrew.

Hey Coastiebrewer, what's your rate? I'm an AET2 stationed in Borinquen, Puerto Rico. I think I've counted 3-4 coasties on the forums here.

Oh man so many great ideas I don't know what I'm going to do now, haha. At the moment I don't have the space but I'd eventually like to build a bar so I really like the idea of covering a bar with labels.

I think the picture frame idea is a great idea because it's a cool way to display and decorate and if I want I can pull them out and use them for a different project in the future.

Cool thread, I have a small collection of coasters that I started at the beginning of February when I did some beer tourism in California. I also have started a small collection of labels as I soak them off of bottles for my homebrew.

Hey Coastiebrewer, what's your rate? I'm an AET2 stationed in Borinquen, Puerto Rico. I think I've counted 3-4 coasties on the forums here.

Hey tupperwolf I'm an AMT3 in Atlantic city. PR is defiantly on my list. May have to start a coastie thread lol.

Right on! We should start a coastie thread :mug: I work with a few other guys that have been brewing a lot longer than me.

Back