What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic of the Maduro brown ale backlit by the space heater.

image-1400795358.jpg

allenH said:
Excellent beer. My favorite brown. More people need to experience Cigar City.

I'd heard good things about Cigar City, which was why I tried it. Alas, I was sitting outside an Irish theme pub at the time, so taste buds may have gone towards Guinness. Should have gotten the Young's choccy stout.

I'd heard good things about Cigar City, which was why I tried it. Alas, I was sitting outside an Irish theme pub at the time, so taste buds may have gone towards Guinness. Should have gotten the Young's choccy stout.

I've made some great "black & tans" with their chocolate stout. very nice on it's own as well.

Coffee before work. When I get back I have some Boddingtons Pub Ale on nitro, some Young's Double Chocolate Stout on nitro, and a bottle of Oak Aged Yeti to keep me occupied.

Nordeast is not an nba player. I've met plenty of them, well they drink beer. But not as much as that guy.

bottlebomber said:
The Duchess De Bourgogne followed be the Fantôme Saison. Both solid.

Ugh. I tried that Duchess tonight. Not my thing. Tasted like tampon steeped vinegar. Seriously, it had off taste of blood. Way too complex to enjoy for me. It killed my palate too. Everything I drank after had a blood flavor.

Rodenbach reigns supreme.

Awesome beers at Main Street Station! Can't beat delicious microbrews for $1.75 a pint. I love my city!

image-2281696666.jpg

Ugh. I tried that Duchess tonight. Not my thing. Tasted like tampon steeped vinegar. Seriously, it had off taste of blood. Way too complex to enjoy for me. It killed my palate too. Everything I drank after had a blood flavor.

Well it uses artificial sweeteners IIRC - that's why it's no Rodenbach.

highgravitybacon said:

Hahaha.. I didn't pick up the blood flavor, but it may not be for everyone. I haven't tried the Rodenbach.

Had a Lagunitas Lil Sumpin Wild Ale last night.

My roommate could smell the hops from across the room. Very aromatic and very drinkable for such a hoppy beer.

Homebrew Oatmeal Stout whilst heating up mash water for my pecan pie ale. I hope I can come up with as clever a name as Ghengis Pecan. One of my favorite names for a beer ever.

20121125_132016.jpg

I drank a Knee Deep Hop Shortage last night....followed by a SN Narwhal,Weihenstephaner Korbinian, and Stone Enjoy By 12 21 12, which I was anticipating, a solid IIPA, but Hop Shortage destroyed it.

i have old ale that im trying to let age a stone IPA clone thats not bad its more like a light IPA and a sam adams boston lager clone that turned out to be 6.87% all on tap. i have in carboys strong scotch ale and dennys bourbon vanilla porter cant wit to try it.

Back