Best Commercial Beer You've Ever Had

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abweatherley

Reaction score
I know there is a thread for worst Commercial beer ever

But what about the best

I'd have to say O'dells Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout is by far the best beer I have ever had.

This one's easy:

Green Flash West Coast IPA - even with a price increase and package change screw over coming, its still my favorite beer ever, and will be my 3rd ever batch of home brew shortly.

Just had my first Westmalle Dubbel, holy crap! It might take over the spot previously held by Harvestouns (spelling?) Old Engine Oil Ale.

Whenever I get back home to North America I try to get my hands on a few La Fin Du Monde's from Unibroue. Love that beer.

Good choice. It of course depends on my mood, but a few different beers I've tried are at the top of my list.

Beer Valley Brewing Company Black Flag
Unibroue La Fin Du Monde
Dogfish Head Black And Blue
Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale
Bear Republic Big Bear Black Stout
Bear Republic Racer 5

These are all quality brews. It's impossible to pick one that's better than the other seeing as how sometimes I'm in the mood for one style over another.

Man, do I really have to attempt to choose just one?! It depends on mood's and times of year really. But here's a short list.

Great Lakes Brewery- Nosferatu
GLBC- Burning River
Pete's wicked ale
Dog Fish Head 90 min-IPA
And best on tap so far was in France, Grimbergen Blonde ale

Man, do I really have to attempt to choose just one?! It depends on mood's and times of year really. But here's a short list.

Great Lakes Brewery- Nosferatu
GLBC- Burning River
Pete's wicked ale
Dog Fish Head 90 min-IPA
And best on tap so far was in France, Grimbergen Blonde ale

Surprisingly similar to my response. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Smuttynose RIS

Edit, while this is my favorite beer, this is not what the question asked. I believe the best beer I've had is:
Cantillion classic Gueuze

Another vote for Consecration. It was my first sour and still my favorite.

the last beer I had because you never know if it will be your last...

which was a sapporo last night, tonight it will be a Bell's 25th Anniversary

Wow. Generally I like the beer that's in my hand the best! Right now it's an Odell's IPA. Tastes great!
:tank:

My favorite "Big" beer is probably Mirror Mirror, but my favorite thing is tasting new and/or interesting beer. So, I suppose I really can't pick a favorite beer. :cross:

In no particular order:

Original Flag Porter
Viking WholeStein Stout
Weihenstephan Pils
Ayinger Pils
Weihenstephan Festbier
Flemish Brown

This list goes on...

In my opinion, if you have one favorite, you haven't tried enough beers.

TB

Widmer Brrr is something I can always drink and like a lot. The other beers I thought were great, don't seem to stay that way over the long term for me.

I really enjoy a freshly poured pint of Brutal Bitter (Rogue)

I pretty much can't drink many of the beers mentioned by everyone else. I bought that Unibroue tasters pack from Trader Joes that everyone raves about, blech - can't drink any of that stuff.

I like Dogfish Head 60/90 Minute IPA. I have grown to like Crooked Tree IPA.

A while back I was liking Modus Hopperondi, however its hard to get a hold of now days.

Hmm. That is tough.

Three Floyds Dark Lord RIS 2009
Westvleteren 12 2008
Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
Stone Bourbon Barrel IRS
St. Bernardus 12
Rochefort 10
Three Floyds Dreadnaught

those are a few (see a pattern?). Still plenty more to try.

Hmm. That is tough.

Three Floyds Dark Lord RIS 2009
Westvleteren 12 2008
Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
Stone Bourbon Barrel IRS
St. Bernardus 12
Rocherfort 10
Three Floyds Dreadnaught

those are a few (see a pattern?). Still plenty more to try.

I have to agree. I have had too many good beers to really land on a favorite. Its easier to claim a style rather than a brand.

:rockin:pliny the Elder. Hop Nirvana.:rockin: Got to taste it at Trinity in Colorado Springs and my eyes were opened to the lupulin light...religious experience if your a hop head. Can't believe no one listed it yet.

Love Dogfish 60 and 90, Stone sublimely self righteous ale, and Flying Dog's Raging ***** is, well, sublime. The best of an IPA combined with all those wonderful Belgianny (?) flavors...mmmm, beeeer

I've never had the original Pliney, a buddy of mine out in Washington brewed a clone and it was really good! Can't find it here in Ohio though... Oh well, i'm trying to get him to talk to the local beer store out there and find someone to ship it to me.

Bell's 2 Hearted
DogFish 60/90min
Bear Republic Racer 5
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout

I cant choose just 1.

Sierra's Wet Hop. And for a "specialty" brew, Souther Tier's Mokah, the best beer I've ever had containing coffee and cocoa.

Bell's 2 Hearted
DogFish 60/90min
Bear Republic Racer 5
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout

I cant choose just 1.

I like most of these. Not dogfish's 90 though. I love them as a company, but the 90 minute tastes like syrup to me. Its sweet and hot and just not good.

Fresh Bell's Two Hearted is my favority.

Back