Keezer build parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipadelphia

Reaction score
Greetings all, I've had 4-5 kegs in a chest freezer w/ Johnson controls for over a year now, and it's finally time to add a collar and build a keezer. I'm sick of picnic taps!

My question is, while shopping for faucets/shanks...I'm pretty much set on Perlick 525SS, those are the best correct?

For shanks, I see a ton of different sizes. How do I know which size to order? Are the size differences primarily due to length? Will the faucet I'm interested in screw onto any size shank? I don't want to order the wrong one.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the size of the hole I want to drill into the collar and how long I need it to be, but I wanted to make sure.

Then I'll need a beer line connection kit from kegconnection like this:

http://www.kegconnection.com/shank-beer-line-connection-kit/

I have everything inside...co2 tank, manifold, 8 kegs, liquid lines etc, all I need is to build the collar (using billybrew.com's idea), and the faucet/liquid side hardware for dispensing.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Sounds about right. When building my keezer I also went with the 525SS due to the many positive reviews. It was a great decision! My understanding is the shank size is more about the length. 4", 5", 6" long, etc. You choose the one depending on the thickness you are going through. Since you'll most likely have a 2" board plus an inch or so of insulation, the 4" would probably work for you. I, however, am also worried about my measuring skills, so I'd go a little bit longer just to be safe.

You will want to make sure that the tailpiece (converts beer lines to shank) is properly sized for your tubing.

No problem. Good luck!

Thanks. My buddy and I are building the collar this weekend, and I'm ordering 4 sets of shanks/perlicks/small parts etc with the Amazon gift cards I've been getting for Christmas. I figure 4 1/8" shank should be enough.

I'm using the collar idea off billybrew..

http://billybrew.com/kegerator-collar

I'll post pics on here when it's done, pretty dang excited to get off these picnic taps!

Back