Simple Brutus Clone Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarJohnson

Reaction score
My stand is built and primed. I have all the gas, valves and burners plumbed. Moving on to the contorl box. Very typical set up including two love, two pumps and two stc valves. What gauge wire did you guys run in the control box. Using 3 barrier strips as the original design does. I have a crap load of 14g stranded at home I was planning to use?

Just double checking!

Thanks

My stand is built and primed. I have all the gas, valves and burners plumbed. Moving on to the contorl box. Very typical set up including two love, two pumps and two stc valves. What gauge wire did you guys run in the control box. Using 3 barrier strips as the original design does. I have a crap load of 14g stranded at home I was planning to use?

Just double checking!

Thanks

14 ga should be fine. That is what the pumps are anyway! :) I used 12 just because I had a bunch of it... I would not go lower than the components are wired themselves.

My pumps come wired as 18 gauge from the factory and are also March 809's. I got the ones without the 3 foot cord and base as I was looking to do a better clamping arrangement as I didn't want the extra base plate hanging over the frame so to say. But like Lonnie said, don't go less than the components themselves...

photo-6.jpg

If you are on a 20 amp circuit, you can use 12ga or smaller. On a 15 amp circuit, use 14ga or smaller. You do not want to use a larger gauge wire downstream of a smaller gauge wire (hope that makes sense).

I would just use the 14 ga and be done with it.

Back